1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Who should I flex this week?

James White
    Isiaiah Crowell
    Austin Ekeler
    Alfred Morris
    Josh Gordon

2. HTM

HTM Member

White

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like Golladay because it seems like the Patriots don't even both playing defense until October.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Trey Burton has been limited by the lack of bigger plays by chi offense. He came into the season with a good amount of hype as a TE.

Do you think this is pretty much what to expect from the Bears offense all year long as it severely limits his ceiling with only short yardage passes

@moestavern19

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm not panicking yet on Burton but I'm pretty disappointed in what the Bears offense currently is.

It is always risky to believe hype when a player is joining a new team and expected to have a larger role.

Clearly Burton has a lot of skill, but Trubisky has been a bad QB so far, preferring to hone in on Allen Robinson and only really targetting other receivers on designed first reads.

The Bears defense has also afforded them to play with the lead for the majority of the past 2 games so the play-calling might be a little more conservative.

Will be interesting to see where Burton stands in a game where Trubisky has to throw a lot.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Bilal Powell or Cory Clement for my bottom feeder RB flex options?

I have Dalvin Cool, Dion Lewis, P. Lindsay, Buck Allen, and Royce Freeman. My receiver game is as good as its gonna get just need to finish off the RB

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If PPR, then I would definitely lean toward Powell.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Thats what I was thinking. Just trying to decide whether to put him as flex tonight since cook could be out

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Annnd Mahomes is ranked 2nd currently and Cousins ranked 3rd.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And, where is FitzMagic ranked? Asking for a friend...;)

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This season could not be a better start for Late-Round QB truthers. Ryan Fitzpatrick being QB1 after 2 weeks and sitting on waiver wires everywhere is glorious.

I got Cousins in the 13th round in one league and Mahomes in the 15th in another.

Regression to the mean is imminent, but both look like locks to finish as QB1s.

On the flip side, Jimmy G is struggling to find points as I expected and Watson was never going to be able to replicate what he did last year. It was an easy fade call.

As for Alex Smith, he's finding out what Kirk Cousins found out the last few seasons... the Redskins WR talent is not good. Doctson has been a bust. Pryor was a huge bust. Crowder is the only reliable WR they have on the roster.

On the flip side, those of us who drafted Chris Thompson in PPR are going to be rewarded with a million checkdowns.

12. NewRoxFan

So, two of three weeks I get negative numbers from my DST. Thinking next week I'll skip getting a DST, just get an extra WR and take the zero. o_O

13. NewRoxFan

LOL never mind...

14. mulletman

mulletman Member

Need some help - who should I start at WR (1 spot open) and flex?

Marvin Jones
    Kenny Golladay
    Kenny Stills
    Royce Freeman
    Kerryon Johnson

Part of me wants to start both Marvin Jones and Golladay, but starting two WRs from the same team might not be the best move...

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

your other 3 options aren't better than Jones/Golladay. Det's offense has room for all 3 wr's to have value especially when they don't have a TE. They're also playing NE so they could be playing from behind once again

I would say try to not let that logic impact your decision before actually looking at the players. You wouldn't bench both AB/Juju, Dhop/Fuller,Thielen/Diggs, etc. There's plenty of teams that do put out weekly starters on the same team

mulletman likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

Started Golladay over Hyde in my flex this week... feel like an idiot

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Baker Mayfield saved the Browns last night, if it wasn't for Tyrod quitting... you would have made the right move.

I started the Jets D over the Pats D last night... I was coasting until halftime. :(

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

golladay may still do well sunday so it's not like your other decision was just terrible

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That is just how it goes in fantasy.

Jarvis Landry gets stopped at the 1 yard line twice and Hyde ends up with the big day.

20. HTM

HTM Member

Positive side is I think Mayfield makes the Browns offense a lot more potent which will = more red zone opportunities for Hyde.