1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Vigilante Justice Thread: update: New York vigilantes beat dudes who punch women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jan 21, 2023.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Commodore
    @rocketsjudoka
    After a hero stopped a robber in Houston at a hard working local taqueria , there are more great stories of citizens fighting crime

here’s one in Chicago where some thug wanted to rob and shoot people on the train

Charles Bronson would be proud

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As i said I'm very for people defending themselves but I will repeat again. It is a bad idea for civillians to act as law enforcement for a lot of reasons.

This isn't about having sympathy or empathy for criminals. This is about your own legal and personal safety. With so many weapons it's just as possible that the criminal is faster or just luckier than the crime stopper and ends up killing the crime stopper. Consider in the case of the guy who hosed the homeless woman down. What if she pulls a knife on him and stabs him?

The first rule of self-defense is to never put yourself in a situation where you have to physically defend yourself. Becoming a vigilante is the opposite of that.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

But they are doing it cause of the situation
    Chicago is really violent

A famous man once said
    protect ya neck

4. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum

let’s go 80 year olds! He ain’t going to let some Paul Pelosi incident happen to him

blast them criminals !

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes in a home invasion where you can't retreat yes force used in self-defense is reasonable. It's a bad idea to go looking for danger because you want to be a vigilante.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

With great crime comes great vigilantes

Space Ghost likes this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You don’t have to “look” for danger in inner city Chicago on public transportation. That dude was prepared and is alive. Doesn’t sound like he was “looking” for anything.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We’re talking about vigilantes. Yes if there is a situation where your life or others are threatened and there is no other option you should use force even lethal force. That isn’t the same as being a vigilante.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hear they're having a good time with vigilante worshiping in Brazil and the Philipines, places we could look to for inspiration.

Keep your piece and keep the peace y'all

Nook likes this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No but your comment that I was responding to is just so captain obvious. I’m not sure anyone needs that distinction that you made. You were saying its ok to protect yourself during a home invasion but not to go look for trouble like a vigilante would.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I live right outside Chicago and spend 3-4 days a week in Chicago.

There have been 42 homicides in Chicago so far this year, of those 42 murders, 40 of them have been from guns. Two have been women stabbed to death.

So, it looks like 96% of murders so far have been from a gun thus far.

So far of the 42 homicides in Chicago.......

White men: 1
    White women: 2

Hispanic men: 3
    Hispanic women: 3

Indian men: 1

Black men: 27
    Black women: 5

So... 66% homicides in the city of Chicago this year are black men...... nearly 80% of all homicides in Chicago this year are black....

Every single homicide in 2023 in Chicago has taken place in one of the same 10 neighborhoods.

Chicago outside of the poorer areas of town are as safe as Western Europe.

I suppose it depends on how you choose to look at it... I personally find it something Chicago needs to fix.... but there are a LOT of people living in the top 75% of the city that like the status quo.

Kim, Xerobull and tinman like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... fwiw if you are being robbed on a crowded train in Chicago, you probably shouldn't pull out a gun and have a shoot out on the train. That is very dangerous.

tinman likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The title of this thread has the word "Vigilante" in it.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

And the original post is about the guy in chicago who had to defend himself. Did you think you needed to clear up for us what “vigilante” means?

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Apparently I do since I'm mentioned in the orginal post and I was responding to a post about a home invasion. But let me ask you. Why do you think the title of this thread is "Official-vigilante-justice-thread" if we shouldn't be talking about "vigilantes"?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

He's putting justice in his own hands, he's not waiting for the police,
    he's going to get killed if he does

@Nook

Tomstro likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

So then in your opinion he is a vigilante?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

new town, Vegas

non 80 year old. Youtuber saves himself by shooting at home invaders
    @ROXRAN

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...n-henderson-home-invasion-police-say-2720961/
    YouTuber gets in gunbattle in Henderson home invasion, police say

A prominent YouTuber grabbed his 9 mm handgun out of the drawer of his nightstand and shot back at two home invaders who first shot him in a terrifying home invasion, according to an arrest report released Monday.

The report offered more details from the Jan. 12 ordeal in which Cordero James Brady, known on his social media channels as CJ So Cool, was shot several times in his Henderson home and was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

Five people have been arrested in connection with the incident on Tranquil Peak Court. Raven Queen, 28, and Derrick Roberts, 25, were arrested last week, with Queen booked into custody on Tuesday and Roberts on Thursday. They each face charges of attempted murder, among other counts.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes, when we fight back, we are the Batman

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

ok. One more time. I am utterly confused as to why you thought you had to differentiate between self defense in a home invasion and vigilantism. Just curious as to why you are giving that rather obvious breakdown. I would say most people here (hopefully) already understand the difference between those two very different things. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you meant. In fact, I’m sure I am misunderstanding so carry on. Sorry.

#20 Tomstro, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    tinman likes this.