1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Jackson is slower than a 90 year old on crutches...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tierre_brown, Mar 17, 2004.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

After the PHX game, my friends and I went to Chili's (near Rice) to eat. We got in just as they were closing the doors. There were only 2 other groups of people in the restaurant, a trio of black people who sat right next to us, and 4 old white people drinking it up.

Anyway, whenever I'm with this one guy, we ALWAYS end up arguing about the Rockets. It really doesn't matter what the topic is, we tend to disagree. About everything Rockets related. Well, as usual, we were arguing about the team, and somehow the topic came to Mark Jackson. He thought it was a smart move and that he was a perfect fit on the team. Well, I obviously had to disagree. I mean, sure he's the 2nd all-time leading assist man, and he's had playoff experience. But I absolutely HAD to argue with my friend on this point, just because ... that was the natural thing to do.

So we're sitting at Chili's and I'm bashing Mark Jackson left and right pretty loudly, saying he's "slower than a 90 year old on crutches" (inspiration for the title), he gets his knees blown out by opposing defenders on every play, he's a liability on defense, etc. I even say we'd be better off with Rod Strickland at the point because at least he'd be able to keep up with his man. Thankfully we end all the Rockets talk by agreeing to disagree and start talking about other things.

The rest of the meal just centers on the usual college talk, and we get ready to leave. As we're leaving, the waiter comes up to us and asks, "You do know who was sitting behind you don't you? That was Mark Jackson, the guy you were bashing on the WHOLE time!"

I ran out of there as fast as my gimpy ankle could carry me and jumped into the car. However, my friends found this freaking hysterical and actually went up to MJax and said, "Dude, you really are Mark Jackson! I love you, man, I apologize for my dumbass friend." They said he was real cool about it, like "nah, it's no problem."

Needless to say, I haven't heard the end of it yet. And even though I have no pictures (sorry Rockhead rules), it's an experience I'll regretfully never forget...just thought ya'll would like to know. Sounds like a TV show or something right? Just don't bash on players in public loudly, or you'll taste foot as well...

2. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Mark Jackson slow? Thank you Captain Obvious! :rolleyes:

He's still our smartest PG though.

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!

MJax -> [​IMG] <-You! :D

4. disney

disney Member

LOL!never mind,u just let the cat out of the bag!;)

5. birat

birat Member

No doubt Mark Jackson is slow but he QUICK to think.

Funny experience though on your part. Sounds like a movie.

6. sup123

sup123 Member

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean "slower than"? Jackson is a 90 year old on crutches. What's amazing is that he still has some game left in him.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Waste of thread space, I dont see the logic in just quoting the guy, and not leaving a comment. Even leaving a one liner like AGREED is better.

9. fatman510

fatman510 Member

10. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

poor guy, have to feel sorry for him.

11. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

:D

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No S*** Sherlock HOlmes! WOW! Great observation. This is so original. I would have never thought of that....

MJ SLow?! but he is so young....

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

14. lalala902102001

He maybe the slowest guy in the NBA, but he sure can still pass.

15. sup123

sup123 Member

16. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

New York City.... Moochie Norris... what ishappening I am watching Pink Floyd and the Wizard of Oz. Man.

MJ is nothin to snap about.

17. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

isnt it supposed to be Pink Floyd & Alice in Wonderland?

18. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Gee, thanks for the insights and the funny story.

A blinding flash of the obvious :rolleyes:

D R

19. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Thanks for the anecdote, tierre, that's good stuff.

And in defense of tierre_brown . . . he didn't position this story as news . He didn't start a thread just to say Mark Jackson was slow; that would be as silly as starting a thread to say that "Yao Ming is tall."

He told us a story. An amusing one, at that. We're in a four day stretch with no games and we're coming off a loss. I for one appreciate the comic relief.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Fantastic! This post made my day! ROTFLOL! :)