1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavalier's Club Party in H-Town?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by supertruck97, Dec 1, 2006.

1. supertruck97

supertruck97 Contributing Member

Did anyone else hear this bit on 97.9 lately. Something about Damon Jones renting out a club on I-10 somewhere, and he, Lebron, Gooden and Hughes will be partying there after the game tomorrow (Or maybe it's tonight they'll be partying). Anyhow, did anyone catch the name or location of the club, or any further details? I just caught the tail end of the announcement, and I couldn't understand half of what I heard cause they guy was screaming on the radio.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's probably HUSH, way out there between Katy and Houston.

It's the only club on I-10 that is near the freeway.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I have a feeling pics like this will appear very soon on the www.indmix.com site.

[​IMG]

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Parties all weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Someone needs to slip into that Friday night party and get LeBron as messed up as Clooney got Devito...

6. lcc179

lcc179 Member

I don't wanna hijack the thread but...

I saw a commercial the other day for King Johnny (Middle Eastern guy) with Lil' Flip, Bun B and a bunch of other rappers. I always thought when Lil Flip was rapping about Johnny hooking him up with jewelry he was talking about TV Johnny (Johnny Dang Asian dude). The commercial made it seem like the guy is directly competing with him because it has one part where it says its located right across from Sharpstown Mall (where TV Johnny's shop is) and shows a shot of the mall and zooms across to his store.

Alot of Houston rappers are always talking about Johnny in their raps and now I wonder which Johnny they are rapping about. The only one I know for sure is Paul Wall's connection with TV Johnny. And why do they have to have the same name? Can't one of them create an alias or something to avoid confusion...

7. supertruck97

supertruck97 Contributing Member

Ah, Hush is the club I heard on the radio. Thanks. Probably won't attend, but I hope someone from CF.net attends and takes some pics.

8. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

I'm from Galveston and I've got this story to share with ya'll from a couple years back about Damon Jones. I can't start a new thread so I thought I'd put it here. This guy made a DVD and was selling it around town. It was basically interviews with athletes and concentrating on guys from Galveston. Well apparently Damon Jones wouldn't show his home town some love. Because after the interview with Casey Hampton they mention Damon Jones. This was when back when Mike Jones was only local. But basically they are like. "Damon Jones. Who? Damon Jones. F*ck that mofo". Apparently out of everyone they contacted everyone was all cool, but D Jones acted above them and basically I'm in the NBA and you are beneath me. They then showed repeated footage of D Jones getting dunked on by Lebron while they continue to talk smack about him. It was pretty funny stuff. I don't remember all of it but it was definitely funnier then the way I am describing it for sure. But like I said I don't remember all of it.

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

lol, at the requirements to get into that club:

haircuts and nice clothes for the men

waxing and hair dos for the ladies

! :D

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

D. Jones is a pimp!

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

They are competing, both saying they are the original Johnny.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

If you want to see Bonzi in action w/ the Cavs, this will be your only chance.

13. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

ROFLOL!

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There is a chance that if I were to attend (and they probably wouldn't let me in even if I wanted to go) that I would be the whitest person there. I'm not saying it's definite, just a really distinct possibility.

Perhaps if I wore my Wonder bread t-shirt, I would be considered ironic enough to be allowed in the club if only for the purpose of ridicule.

:D

15. twinmemory

twinmemory Member

if you have ever seen jones at the pro city games at fonde, this story won't come as a shock to you...he comes off as a gigantic a**hole

16. windfern

windfern Member

A good one. :D

17. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

If you have to spend that much ad space telling your crowd how to dress, I would venture a guess that your club/party is a piece of ****.

18. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

So true... :D

19. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Do the players, star players like Lebron, actually attend these things. I bet they just put their name/face in front of it to get people in the door but never show, and if they do show, they're in a VIP room together away from the general public. I wouldn't waste my $ and time.

20. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

If you have been to stuff like this, you understand these flyers are just marketing. People want to feel like they're fly, and if they get in with that "strict" dress code, they feel like they are "tastemakers"...lol.... Basically this is a no jeans, no tennis shoes, wear a shirt with a collar, etc jump off....nothing really special. If you pay the bouncer 30, you could probably wear the damn tennis shoes..lol...

I mean, really. Your going to turn someone away because of a haircut, or if your nails arent manicured...lol.....

this is why I hate parties/clubs..."think the person you want to marry is inside"...get the f*ck outta here..... :rolleyes: