1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New BS Report w/ Chad Ford

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HI Mana, Jun 25, 2010.

1. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

New 2-part Podcast with Chad Ford, who I have infinitely more respect for after hearing all the scoops he had to bury, the crap he had to deal with from teams, and the self-awareness that he's being fed crap and his journalistic standards; by and large his mock draft was on-point this year. I never thought he was great, and that there was no way he could do his job properly from Hawai'i, but he shut me up good.

Amazing discussions about LBJ as well; how he's got a Single White Female thing going on with MJ, and how following in his footsteps is a bonus.

Also, we knew Donald Sterling was a horrible human being, but the podcast also reveals how he's also completely delusional, some good rips on Paul "Al Davis" Allen, and lots of love for DMorey and Sam Presti.

Check it out, if only for the LeBron @ Jordan's steakhouse at 37:30 in Part 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2864045

1 person likes this.
  2. worzel gummidge

Interesting, Simmons confirms the Amare to Houston trade that fell through?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Both of them confirmed the trade but they wouldn't say who leaked it.

The most interesting rumor they talked about though was Chris Paul to Portland for Miller, Pryz, and Batum. NO backed out apparently but that would have set the West on its head.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great podcast for hoops junkies. Entertaining discussion of dirty laundry.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

In my head, if someone flat out lies to you, you have an obligation to out them as a source.

6. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

It, um, took Chad a while to realize that agents were using him. To around 2005 or so, by my take on things. And despite his complaining, he seemed quite OK with it if it got a headline of his at the top of a site.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I know I'm biased, but I think Morey's actually being underrated.

Sam Presti's getting so much accolades, yet OKC #2, #3, #4. #5, #10 pick in the past five years(and corresponding high 2nd rounders) picks. As well as no bad contracts to give him great cap flexibility. Pritchard also had #4, #7, #3, #1, and the advantage of an owner with a bottomless pocketbook.

OTOH, Morey got a team where $40 mil in salary was injured every year, no other assets to speak of, picks in the mid-20s, and constant issues with the luxury cap each year.

If only Morey could've come into the Rockets with a blank slate, I believe you'd REALLY see his wizardry.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Part one:

5:45 - mentions our pick
    17:10 - praise for San Antonio
    19:10 - mentions Amare trade to Houston that fell through
    24:00 - knicks trade

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

His discussion of the Knicks trade was interesting, in that from the perspective from both Simmons and Ford, New York actually was to some degree trading for McGrady the player and not just McGrady the EC. If that's so, then massive props to Morey and Adelman for sitting him and not revealing how washed up he really was.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

Funny part in part 2, Simmons if one GM that should be fired because of his massive publicity, it should be DM. If that really would happen, It's all Clutchfans' fault :grin: :grin:

Thank god Les is not Paul Allen

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am guessing there is a level of "acceptable BS" in the symbiotic relationship between guys like Ford and NBA teams and player agents. Seems Ford is just annoyed perhaps at the level of BS, but it's part of the game.

I am not a sportswrite like you Kelly, but have read enough sports writing on trade/draft rumors to know that much of this stuff (particularly something like the "Nets want Wes Johnson" thing) is likely disinformation being thrown out there for a team's own purpose.

Not that this makes the stuff not worth reading... the stuff is still interesting for those of us who are trying to figure out who is releasing the info for what purpose.

Like I said in another draft rumor thread a couple days ago, this kind of discussion remind me of:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SL4c9gCRSKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SL4c9gCRSKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

so by showing the video, are you hinting Wesley Johnson and Favors are "poisoned cups" that they are both gona be busts? :O

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Interesting stuff. Any idea who might have leaked the potential Amare trade to Houston?

For the record, I'm glad it didn't happen. Amare would have caused problems for us IMO.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

thanks. what about part two? :)