1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Arroyo traded to the Pistons.....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gatorfan76, Jan 21, 2005.

1. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I guess a broken clock is right twice a day....:rolleyes: Good trade for the Pistons, because they need another point and good for the Spazz, because they need more young, athletic players.

2. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, Sura needs to come off the bench for a championship calibre team, while Nachbar is the 2nd or 3rd option.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on now, be fair, I said he is probably a 3rd or 4th option, but at BEST a 2nd option.

Craigh Ehlo is where I put him.

:p

DD

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

The Rockets pick is going to mediocre at best. It could be Bostjian Nachbar or Qyntel Woods or Jiri Welsh or Reece Gaines.

We could hit the jackpot but why not take a flyer on a young player with a decent contract who we all know is a legitimate NBA player.

Sloan is a pain in the arse and so is Van Gundy but we need a young PG much more than Utah - who has a crapload of them.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would've given up the 1st adn our TE to get him instead of signing rod. but thats why i'm not the rockets GM i guess. it seems that CD is not willing to part with our pick at all, and les isn't willing to spend the TE at all. that leaves deke as the most tradeable asset....oh yeah JVG isn't willing to part with him because we have no other center to backup yao.

looks like nothing will happen 'till the summer.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

we have 3 main ways to improve this team this offseason. our 1st rounder (wherever it may be), the MLE, and our TE (assuming we spend it and we better). i'm not giving up two of them for carlos arroyo who, with his outside, shot i'm not even sure is good for us.

i think we need shooters at the 1 and 2 (or 3 if tmac is at sg), and a physical guy at the 4. arroyo is neither so i'm glad we didn't get him.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think too many people are reading too much into one brilliant game by Arroyo last summer; take orgulloso puertorriqueno off the table and move the three point line out, and he's an average at best. Even last year he was decent but not great, and we all know what happens to Jazzers once they leave SLC...(eisley, Shandon, etc)

Besides, JVG hasn't even had one chance to draft somebody in the 1st round yet; give him a shot at least.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What will Arroyo do with Pistons? What happens to Billups' psyche? Hunter's time?