1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the worst sports radio guy in houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Dec 31, 2010.

?

Who is the worst

1. Dylan

58 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Barry

32 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Josh (The new guy with rich lord)

42 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. rich lord

72 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. matt thomas

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. matt j

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. adam

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. john

21 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. lance

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. some one else

22 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yep! You cant forget his "man cans." :mad:

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So, can we all agree that Adam Wexler is the least offensive radio personality in Houston?

3. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

Carl Dukes... Put'em up

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, it's funny reading the reactions to him from people here who weren't around during his first stint in Houston TV/radio. Not many people here know that he used to do Rocket games on TV before Bill Worrell.

But that doesn't automatically make him credible. Like I said in another thread, the fact that he's been here since the 70's and has never moved on to bigger and better things really says all you need to know about him. He's just a loudmouth style over substance BOOB - like he's been for the last 30+ years.

Josh Innes is just horrible. Here's a tip for you, Josh: don't talk about your personal life on the radio unless you're actually interesting. You are not Howard Stern. You're just a boring, local sports-radio HACK. You guys are all a dime a dozen. We don't care about your dull personal life, so stop talking about it.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Used to listen to sports radio all the time, but whats the point now? All Houston teams are pathetic. I really don't want to be depressed listening to people b**** about Kubiak/Yao/Drayton.

But that Texans guy on 610 was the worst followed by Rich Lord. I think Lopez was on his way to being the worst before I stopped listening.

6. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

Why, thank you! I always looked forward to YOUR visits each week...

Oh, and the wife wasn't the MAIN reason I went to TV-only. It had a lot to with waking up at 4a for one job...then going to bed past midnight after coming home from the other, with little to no rest in between. Felt like a zombie for about a year and a half... :eek:

2 people like this.
  7. Nero

Nero Member

Well you are missed. NOBODY does better impersonations man. Ten times better than Caliendo.

As for who is the worst in Houston now? Rich Lord is the worst, but it's a virtual tie between him and Pallillo. And that brief time of hell on earth when those two guys shared a show in the afternoons..? Nothing could make me change the dial faster than those two guys together.

However, that said, it's really more a clash of personalities and style with Pallillo - he is not 'bad' per se, as much as I think he is rude to callers, condescending, arrogant and almost always wrong with everything I have heard him say. I can remember actually feeling surprised the few times I have ever listened to him and actually heard him say something agreeable.

Now with Rich though, ugh. Not only does the guy think he's hilariously funny (he's not), he thinks so highly of how brilliant he is that he constantly references himself, which is so uncool as to border on satire, except it's just so un-entertaining either way, serious or satire.

True on the other guys mentioned, especially Dylan. Yuk.

Like several other people mentioned, I also loved John & Lance in the mornings, but trying to tune into their station now is a lesson in frustration.

Fortunately, I do like Matt & Adam on 790 now, Matt plays the 'I'm ignorant' role, and Adam is the 'intelligent one', so they have a fun dynamic to listen to for 30-40 minutes each morning.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lopez or innes. Maybe it's just an immunity i've developed but rich lord doesnt bother me as much as he use to. Or maybe the newer guys (lopez/innes) have just made Rich seem more tolerable.

I don't listen to the morning show at all anymore but occassionally catch bits of the afternoon. Innes constantly takes over the conversation by telling some story about himself and makes it all about him. Also, how many times can the guy remind us that he's a "young guy".

the night show is the only tolerable and entertaining show on 610.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

how about lance z and granato letting dreissen spoon feed them bull**** this morning? what a joke.

10. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Well, I just don't find him that annoying. Maybe it's because he's been around so long that I just think him as some crazy Uncle type character.

My biggest frustration with sports talk in Houston is that none of them understand baseball - not even Pallilo.

Of course, it's 99.9% football talk anyway. They spend more time talking about who the Seahawks might take in the 6th round of the draft than talking about the Astros, so I guess it doesn't matter. Still, back when there was a Monsters of The Midday Show, which was terrible I'll grant you, but they did have Joe Sheehan on sometimes. I miss that perspective, though I guess I am a minority of one.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Dylan "I stole my whole shtick from Limbaugh" Gwinn

12. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Too much suckitude for only one poll.

Lord is the worst, followed closely by Gwinn. Lopez isn't far behind...Yes John, we understand that you coached an AAU team back sometime before the 3-point line was invented. That doesn't make you a basketball expert.

I like the morning guys on 1560 the best, and 790 isn't bad in the morning either. Yes they bicker, but at least they are both Rockets fans. 610 just about completely ignores the Rockets unless Morey's on-the-air.

Zierlein gives the best insight on football, although I think Granato doesn't offer much knowledge. His just the sarcastic side-kick. LZ is the one with the sports brains.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

one of the many mysteries of life that will never be explained to me is the love affair with lance and john.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Gwinn is pretty bad.

But man, Barry Warner is insufferable. He just flat out angers me every time he opens his senile old pie-hole and starts talking down at everybody including his own co-hosts. Despite his age, he is as clueless as a baboon on so many topics, and yet constantly acts like he is the eternal fountain of sports knowledge. I cannot stand the guy and have never succeeded in listening for more than 10 minutes without turning off the radio or switching to another channel.

As dumb as Rich Lord is, he is still about 1,000 times more tolerable than Warner.

1 person likes this.
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTysXITBCmk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

16. buffalobills!!!

Rich Lord and the guy during lunch time on 790 :mad:

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No question it's Rlord as taking the crown, the worst thing is how he'll talk for waaaay too long and then gasssssssppphh and take a super long breath and repeat, just terrible radio. Windbag.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Remember Bagel's with Barry?

19. Landlord Landry

ha. my cousin just sent me this, he is a producer for wnci columbus and they took the guy in, got him a hotel and he is going to be on their station tomorrow.

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The only station I even bother with now is 1560. I really only listen/have a chance to listen to Travis Rodgers though. 610 is a joke ever since Matt J and a few others went to 790.

I miss Adam Clanton's show on 610. He was the only guy who talked about the Rockets the majority of his air time and he was a genuine fan.

As far as worst, I haven't heard a lot of the people in the poll but Lopez is unbearable. He is obviously not even a fan of any Houston teams (I think he was in San Antonio before right?) and his jokes are so bad I can't even tell if he is joking or not.