1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Adrian Peterson with a legit quarterback?

Both will benefit from each other. Still wished we had traded up for him. Clowney and Teddy would have been the ideal scenario.

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

if the texans had a front office worth a damn... they would have taken or traded up for teddy, but they were hoping and fell in love the manziel hype. They committed the cardinal sin and ignored the college tape.

imagine luck, bridgewater, mariota, and bortles battling it out over the next 10 years... the afc south would have the best collection of young qbs in the league going forward by far

todd mcshay and bucky brooks said no nfl qb prospect in the 2016 draft class is on bridgewaters level as a prospect.

3. Remii

Remii Member

It didn't seem like the Texans organization was even thinking about drafting Johnny so I don't know where you're pulling that statement from.

4. Airdough

Airdough Member

McShay and Brooks shouldn't ever steer anyone's draft decisions. I would have taken Teddy not because of what other people thought but because of the value he represented at that point in the draft. That's the Morey or Luhnow way of drafting and most NFL teams don't think that way.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one will hurt for a long time.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

1 touchdown in the preseason and you guys are ready to elect him into Canton

I saw a very average QB last year

How many of you will draft him for your fantasy team? Probably zero.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i drafted him in the 2nd round. mcfadden in the 1st.

i feel like i've already won.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See, and that's the problem with text based communication, it's just impossible to tell if this is the sarcastic statement it really, really, should be.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

No one is being serious when writing that they're drafting like that. That's not a text based problem, that's a sarcasm detection problem.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno, people say crazy things and mean them sometimes. People absolutely meant it when they were trying to say Teddy Bridgewater was the next Aaron Rodgers before the draft despite the fact that should have been sarcasm.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This coming from someone that would believes Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Mallett are both better QBs than Bridgewater. So sorry if I don't view you as a credible judge of QB talent.

12. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

I heard he had a bad pro day. Probably a garbage player with his slightly smaller hands. Can't believe he hasn't been cut yet.

What the hell happened to pro scouts last offseason?

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The small hands knock was completely ridiculous. As was his pro day being "bad", while completely ignoring his actual game film

14. Play07

Play07 Member

That was a repost, u can check my post here and I clearly say HOPE HE THROWS MORE TDS & HAS A GOOD 2nd yr.

For the record in a Vikings fan from the Houston area been that since randy moss days when I was in grade school, and I'm sooooo happy to him!!!!

I can careless about anything else, for the record tho he did have the 3rd highest percentage in NFL history for rookie QBS last year.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Meanwhile the Texans are starting Hoyer at QB.

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

teddy will replace andrew luck and russell wilson as the best young qb in the nfl this upcoming year, i expect teddy to have a monster season

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

teddy is too unselfish inside the 5 yard, he would hand off to the fullback for td's last year. I hope norv lets him put up the tds this year

18. MystikArkitect

BoB was never going to draft Teddy, JM or Baby Carr. He wanted Bortles. TB looks like a gamer, will be the 2nd best QB in the NFC North this year.

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member