1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris: "I don't give a ****. I am not gonna be there at all"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 11, 2015.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

For real? I haven't seen enough to know, but his stats don't look that great. I'm guessing you don't have one of the higher opinions of DMo on this board.

2. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

"I don't give a (freak)" AND "I will be a professional" spoken in the same conversation haha

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He is on a very reasonable contract (since they gave too much to his bro...) and the cap bumping up... if he could get his head on straight and play to potential he'd be a bargain....

trade u our bum beater for your rec center assaulter... lol....

Markief is making about half of TJ is supposedly gonna be looking for or whatever, next year...

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Morey wants KD.

So no Morris.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's a great mid range shooter, an okay 3pt shooter at 33% on 550 3pt attempts in his career so far. Okay rebounder but not good. Averaged over 2 assist and a steal this last season. Decent FT shooter at 76% career average. Also has been very healthy, only has missed 4 games in his whole 4 season career (3 games of which where in his rookie year). He has

For someone who put up 15 points, 6 boards, 2 assist, 1 steal on a competitive western conf team, he's a steal for 8 mill a year.

I don't see us keeping both Dmo and Jones next offseason, their gonna coast too much. Might as well start looking for a replacement for one or both of them who's locked on a solid, cheaper deal.

Down side is that he's well known for being a hot head on and off court, he's not a top 15 PF (although still starter quality), mediocre rebounding and defense. I think if the price is cheap enough (It should be) that he would be a great pickup.

Thing is, we likely wouldn't be able to trade for him until Dec 15th, when KJ becomes available.

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At being the premier player, duh:

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To be fair he said this stuff too

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No .... Just No.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They were both witnessed each other lose their respective virginities. Now that's close....

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can't argue with his point that PHO front office has no (fracking) clue what they're doing. more bewildering trades in one season than i can keep track of

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"I'm a professional."

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And they're both still under trial for helping three others beat the crap out of a guy. So there's that.

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I would like to see options for a GM to void a contract (completely off the books and nothing owed to the player) + the player not being able to sign with any other team for a year. That should learn these kids not to be spoiled little brats.

14. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saying he will show up and be professional has nothing to do with the awesomeness of him calling himself the premier player of the team.

Kind of like when his brother said he was so happy to be traded to Phoenix because the Rockets misused him and now his game could grow...and then his numbers across the board went down and it wasn't until his next season that he matched his Rockets production.

Both of these guys think they are way better than they are.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Lawson and Smith had ties with Rockets' players and their baggage was not being r****ded. Not possible. Won't be coming here 105% sure.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This sounded like a What thread.....

The Morris bros cannot hold a candle to the Lopez bros anyway

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like his game. He'd definitely bring more versatility to the 4 position if he were to come here. But then Marcus would probably come along at some point too....

18. Fantasma Negro

I'm failing to see just what benefit adding him would give us. He's not the strongest rebounder, he can shoot a little and he has a **** attitude. I'm good, I'll stick with T. Jones

19. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I want him.. We would be favorites!!

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stay away from the Morris twins, Mr. Alexander. We don't need them on the Houston Rockets.