1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sources] - Sam Dekker may need back surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arjun, Jul 14, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I don't say i don't believe somebody, but at the same time I only believe things when they come from sources within the club, beat reporters or woj

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Given he flew to Las Vegas, we at least know he has a spine unlike another Rocket draftee.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If true.....this sucks, Dekker.

4. mercy road

mercy road Member

There is absolutely no reason to believe the OP. There is no reason to believe he knows an ex-GM, there are what 60 in the world, there is no reason to believe that anyone outside of the Rockets organization is clued into the medical data on Rockets players, after all Morey runs about the tightest ship in the NBA, and there is no indication that Dekker needs back surgery, although DMo did not look like he needed back surgery either.

1 person likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm just saying, there have been reports that were immediately debunked only to find out later that they were true.
    There are a lot of posters debunking it prematurely and the other way around. I wasn't a fan of the pick but i still hope it is not true.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think there is some reason to believe the OP. He's been here since 2006, and posted almost 4000 times. So it seems strange that he would just make this up. If the OP had signed up last week then I would be more suspicious. I do think there is s chance the person he was speaking with may have been joking or something.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think the op is lying on purpose but I am taking it as minsinformation by his sources until further proof. Because if it's true we will know sooner or later. It's about SURGERY.

8. JazzLakerHater

Injury already? Should fit right in with the Rockets.

9. mercy road

mercy road Member

Morey controls the Rockets organization. Can you picture Morey sitting idly by when there is a leak? Nope, neither can I. The rumors were that near the culmination of the Harden trade Morey removed electronic devices from his staff and locked them in a room until the trade was final. Morey seems like a vindictive man to me. And certainly devious enough to track down leaks. And make sure they never work in the NBA again. Vindictive. I feel sure that Morey has a zero tolerance policy for leaks. Heck, I would.

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Rockets want to avoid having to trade him so they put a rumor out there so that teams say, "O.K. throw in Terrence Jones and we have a deal" instead of "O.K. throw in Dekker and we have a deal".

11. malakas

malakas Member

I am not sure that it's as bad as you describe, since we have some leaks here (even I know you don't believe them) . However I noticed in the Harden-Howard fight thread, that both the insiders came in the span of 2 minutes of each other to suddendly deny what they previously posted. That is extremely suspicious so there is definitely monitoring of the forum and containing of leaks. However it's not like Morrey is a god who can control everything or be everywhere immediately.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Morey is like Tyrion Lannister - he'll send you packing to The Wall if you leak stuff :)

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Classic Rockets injury luck.

He hasn't played a single second in the NBA and already having back issues isn't a great sign.

Take him to TMac's doctor in Waco who fixed his back issues, for God's sake.

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think the Cardinals are hacking into Houston's data base again

15. baubo

baubo Member

Rockets never leak anything Morey doesn't want leaked. Please, even cyberx never leaks anything that's not already either obvious or basically not important.

Murray was also telling Woj over and over how the Rockets were on hot pursuit of Rondo so Cuban would fork over the goods to Celtics for him. Now Dallas very likely will lose their draft pick this year.

Morey is most certainly omnipotent.

1 person likes this.
  16. thursdays

thursdays Member

I remember when it was "leaked" that Dwight might need back surgery, that McHale was sighted as one of the primary sources. Coincidence? Am I remembering correctly?

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which is bad.....but there's getting your head cut off and your pet wolf's head sewn into its place that really sucks.

(Billy Crystal SNL whiny voice) "Ooooooooh, I hate it when that happens!"

EDIT: I, too, am on the "could very well be leaked false info" bandwagon. Hope springs eternal. I would like to see this kid on the Rockets.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So Bill Cosby is as old as shlt and done more TV shows probably than you ever watched,

so all those women are just f**king liers?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[sources] - Sam Dekker may need back surgery

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

What? Logic and comparison fail, so hard.