1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airdough

Airdough Member

Lawson hasn't been moved because either the price is too high, the Nuggets are insisting that teams take on additional salary any deal, or there is some undisclosed injury preventing a deal. Lawson has too favorable a contract and too much talent for no one to want to trade for him.

Hypothesizing on why Lawson hasn't been moved is one thing but going full Broussard on everyone else on this board is just asinine.

1 person likes this.
  2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Was talking about Augustin and Morrow but thanks for assuming

3. malakas

malakas Member

huertas is negotiating with an nba team to come over. Could it be us? It fits our age requirements for a pg.

4. theredbackpack

"full broussard" thank you for this one :grin::grin::cool:

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The durant crap is getting so old.

6. NotChandlerParsons

I thought you were into looking at nuggets?

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Huertas would be an interesting pick up. He actually went to high school in Coppell, outside of Dallas. He's 32 though, so he would be a more experienced player. 6 3 plays the 1 and 2. 36% from 3 and 86% FT

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Do you honestly believe we brought Terry over here for ****s and giggles. Lol Of course Nick wasn't going to beat out the Jet for playing time.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

In down for some smooth nuggets at all hours of the day please don't get that twisted

10. gaspar

gaspar Member

This is sooo true.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah because paying a man max money thats coming off an achilles surgery is such a smart thing to do, especially when you had a deal in place for 4 yrs 53mil and still no starting center. :rolleyes:

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think over the course of the last 4 years Cuban has definitely made mistakes with that franchise. Once the new CBA was signed he started trying to create cap space to sign big free agents. He failed. He hasn't valued draft picks enough and finds his team in dire need of young inexpensive talent. He does not have many trade worthy assets if your looking for a difference maker.

So in that respect I would have to agree with you. Dallas has not been a very well run franchise. But even in the last 4 seasons he has managed a 49 win season and a 50 win season and only missed the play-offs once.

I think if you look at the previous 11 seasons however, they have been some of the best that any franchise (not named the Celtics, Lakers or Bulls) has ever enjoyed.

From 2000/2001 to 2010/2011:
    - 11 straight seasons at 50+ wins
    - 2 seasons with 60+ wins including 67 in 2006/2007
    - 6 times made it out of the 1st round of the play-offs
    - 3 times made it to the Western Conference Championship
    - 2 times made it to the NBA Championship
    - 1 NBA Championship

I enjoy watching Dallas fail, actually I probably enjoy it a little too much, but Cuban has done a very good job of running that franchise over the course of the last decade and a half. Only recently has his strategy gone down the tubes.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How about this. You post any proof that people are saying exactly that and I'll donate 100k to the charity of yr choice. ;) ;)

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, a fair and good question. Possibly because they still think they can soak Kings? Waiting for the market to clear? Waiting to find out about the move to Lozz An-je-leez?

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

does basketballholic still think hes some insider? LOL whats his trade target power rankings looking like these days

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

BBHollic/Jopat is really something else, but I do have to give him credit (can't believe I'm about to do this) for calling the Deron Williams waive/buyout.

I never thought the Nets would be dumb or financially stressed enough to do that, but apparently Jopat didn't underrestimate their stupidity as a franchise & ownership.

Of course like everything, including this apparently pending trade of Terrence Jones, the campaign goes on for years and years. When you predict EVERYTHING that could possibly happen, something is bound to happen.

Sort of a backhanded complement but he deserves some type of credit I guess at least in this case.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

come on man this all over same with dmo, its not worth all that people here know. its been a few other posters talking about it recently also

cappella plays D but he shows nothing other than dunks on offense, I just don't see how we jump out go crazy about a dude blocking shots and playing decent D, thats ed davis. He can be a decent backup center. I could see if he had a shooting touch like plenty of bigs are coming into the NBA. Maybe he develops that but as of now he doesn't have it.

18. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Ben Wallace says hello

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

There were quite a few people in the board who thought he could get bought out starting last season after the trade deadline. Surprised it was a buyout versus stretch provision.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It was a Mark Cuban joke but the reality is right now we don't know how good Capela will be. He definitely shows promise and if he does improve as I expect his value will be much higher than.

You don't trade guys like that on their low side unless you get a lot of value back in return. Meaning Capela in a deal to get LMA. So that's why you try not to trade Capela if you don't have to, but he's certainly not off the table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.