1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

He's the best free agent cyber. Isn't it normal? They can trade him later on.

2. thething

thething Contributing Member

You're thinking of Toronto. Cuban finds out who Morey wants and tries to go out and get them so he can stick it to Morey. Problem is, that strategy hasn't worked out for him so he's stuck throwing big money at Jordan Hill.

3. malakas

malakas Member

what is Indy doing? Sleeping ? They should be all over trying to sign Hill.

4. thursdays

thursdays Member

Missing the bigger point - Cyber is back!

5. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would agree...!

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cybersex

What are the agents thinking about the DJ fiasco?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think he knows more than he's telling.

Either Morey told him, "Look, I can see those clutchfans drooling over your every appearance. Like the girls back when Elvis was young. But if you leak this I will disappear you and make it look like an accident."

Or anything we're working on is deferred until later in the summer, like the Harden trade.

Or we're gonna get Luke Ridnour and cyberx doesn't want to be the bearer of bad news. :)

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How pissed off is Danny Fegan right now? :cool:

9. do work son

do work son Member

jason terry's biggest value to us is that we can use his bird rights to trade him. after that it's maybe his off the court presence. on court, losing jason terry is a positive for the rockets.

i'd go so far as to say the same for josh smith. a lot of people are sentimental because we was a piece in a deep playoff run, but ultimately he's a low IQ basketball player who's very streaky. i admit i'd like to have him back if we can sign him to the non bird tender, but above that i'm not so sure.

10. malakas

malakas Member

btw after watching the Monroe press conference I'm not sure the probabillity of trading Bayless or Mayo is so high anymore.
    I'm just kinda confused at this point. Toronto should have made a trade for pf instead of going after Scolla and Indy should have made a move to sign SOMEONE for their frontcourt.
    And Boston and Mil should make a trade to get rid of some of their guards.
    But the smallball has made things weird.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Done!!! Officially back to my second home HOUSTON!!!!</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/619215886893862912">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, not the Man Hill!

13. malakas

malakas Member

:p
    cyber probably you won't answer this, but do you think there is a team like Portland or Dallas prepared to poison pill Kj?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

......aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's gone again.

See? He knows or has heard something. Best just to drop in now and again with little tidbits but not get too near the Rockets netting lest we haul in a tuna or mackerel of info (while we're supposed to go hungry).

15. malakas

malakas Member

:( i know lol :( I tried.
    Someone of you over there should go and get him drunk again. ;)

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

My ideal use of the MLE at this point.

4 year $10 million deal for KJ
    3 year $6 million deal for Sergio Rodriguez
    3 year $3 million deal for Montrezl Harrell

17. malakas

malakas Member

The best we can do is take the tidbits even though they seem irrelevant and try to make some logical conclusions.
    I.e if the mavs go after Hill, they will make a good offer. Because he SHOULD have other suitors ( Indiana).
    So the logical conclusion is that they won't go after Smith. So perhaps he will sign back with us...?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What's the deal or worry about the poison pill?

With the Rockets situation (only limited to MLE), and the cap going up, wouldn't the poison pill actually HELP the Rockets keep KJ and maybe Smith too?

19. malakas

malakas Member

if someone poison pill Kj, then the full mle will go to him and secondly and most importantly it will create a dillema for Morrey if it's worth matching. It's a risk because if it gets to say 10 millions in year 3 then is it worth it? Do youbelieve in him enough to be prepared to take such a risk?
    Since we didn't spend our mle at all yet, this is a message of Morrey to the rest of the teams, that we will match and if they want to steal him they should poison pill him. So it's a game of chicken.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

About Sergio....

A few weeks ago, reports came out that he was surveying the NBA landscape to gauge a potential deal to come back to the NBA.

Clairvoyant Dobro smells something fishy here. Clairvoyant Dobro thinks maybe... just maybe... Sergio R. was only fishing offers in order to get a value of what the other Sergio (his teammate and good friend).... Sergio L. should anticipate his market value to be as a top Euro guard as a negotiation tactic vs. the Rockets to say... he's worth more than the MLE.

If I had to guess.... Sergio Rodriguez might never have had any interest in returning to the NBA.... but that's just my little crackpot theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.