1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential PG/Ball Handler/Shooters still available on the market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Jul 7, 2015.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Green Tatt

[​IMG]

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Khloe Kardashian

3. gabion

gabion Member

Kendall Marshal is available.. he can be a good back-up plan for the moment..

4. fattz

fattz Member

Up grade as a player or coach, lol

5. fattz

fattz Member

Winston Garland "Whoohoo"

Kendall Marshall is the best choice and value at this time.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I actually think he's a good fit too - said it in a few other threads. He's a knucklehead but knuckleheads tend to mellow out with age and he has proven he can take and make big shots on a playoff team. As long as he is in a short leash I don't see why Houston wouldn't take him and try to pick up a 2nd rounder in exchange for taking on his salary.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Wonder if Brooklyn would be willing to cut him and use the stretch provision to stretch out his salary repayment. It would be funny if Houston signed him for the minimum a year after picking up Josh Smith for nothing.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Troy Daniels?

9. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

Injuries. He's playing in France at the moment. I'd still take a shot on him, but who knows if he can regain previous form/potential.

10. malakas

malakas Member

they are not willing to even trade Joe Johnson for almost free.. so doesn't look likely.

11. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I know we don't have much money to offer considering we still need to handle the kj, smoove and Montrez situations, but at this point I wouldn't mind going with what bballholic was saying about signing seth curry. Hell of a shooter, would fit in great and wouldn't cost much.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

He played decent in LA if I remember correctly- but isn't he coming off of a major injury or surgery?

13. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Chalmers being given away by the Heat? That would be a decent backup option. Can hit the 3 ball and decent enough defender. Chalmers for who though?

14. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

KPap. Miami wants to take back no salary. Kappa's contract isn't guaranteed, but his salary matches Chalmers, and there is only more year left on his deal. If we can't land Collison or Lawson fairly quickly, I'd pull the trigger on it. Personally I'd like to see if we can land Collison.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking Eric Bledsoe. Phoenix should start seriously considering trade options for the guy. He's a perfect fit for us and that team is not getting any big name front court player unless via trade or tanking. Nick Johnson, Tjones, dekker or kpap, money and picks, heck Dorsey too if need be. Tjones will be a focal point to their offence and will possibly thrive. Nick johnson is a hometown fav, kpap or dekker for their wing. Dorsey gives them a back up Center. Tjones is young but we are already developing Capella, Dmo and if we resign Josh Smith then yeah... we're developing his consistency.

16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

And how cool would it be to have the Super Mario beeping noise playing after each basket he shoots (like they do at Miami's court).

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

I say Joe Johnson as the Rockets PG but need the Nets to stretch him. Rockets can promise the Nets to offer him the full MLE.

Year 1) 8.298M - 5.464M = 2.834M (Amount Nets owe him)
    Year 2) 8.298M - 5.709M = 2.589M
    Year 3) 8.298M - 5.966M = 2.332M

Otherwise that's 24.894M the Nets owe him & it's multiplied by luxury tax. The Nets are in LT hell.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Joe johnsons isnt a pg.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

he plays a de facto pg role and he started out as one in atlanta. remember the all 6-9 hawks?

20. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I say we don't wait for Collison or Lawson ... just get Chalmers now we can. Other trade opportunities will happen, if they happen or don't happen ... :rolleyes: