1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Anti-Brutality on Dylan Roof?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I found this worth a good laugh:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dylann-roof-burger-king-cops-meal-article-1.2267615

2. bucket

bucket Member

Don't remember where, but someone was saying that sort of thing is often done to get better cooperation from the suspect in interrogation. Still pretty ironic though.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

A lot of news reports word it to make it sound like the squad car stopped at a Burger King before reaching the police HQ. From the Charlotte Observer, they said Roof was hungry in the interrogation room. There's nothing wrong with getting a suspect a meal while he's being interrogated to get cooperation. Shame on the media for omitting information for sensationalism.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wow thats says a lot about how the system treats some people.

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

So...is the Burger King meal considered police brutality, cruel and unusual punishment, or 'an advanced interrogation technique?'

1 person likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

No it says a lot about the media feeding into people's preconceived notions.

They didn't stop the squad car at the drive thru while giving high fives.

When he was being interrogated, he asked for food and they got it for it. It is a common thing to do in interrogations, especially with high profile offenders.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

5 seconds

Rocket River

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I guarantee you the police were hoping this guy was non-compliant. Beating the dog out of him would have been highly enjoyable after what he did.

Instead, he did what they said and was polite... perfect way to not get your a$$ kicked by the police.

I have multiple cop friends and they all train in self defense. All of them are more than happy to show off their skills on a non-compliant perp.

Not kicking somebodies a$$ after all that training is kind of like getting an electric guitar and learning to play AC-DC but never plugging into an amplifier.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Does not compute! Kill 9 people and cooperate with the cops... you dont get your ass kicked.

Get pulled over under suspicion, act like an ******* and wonder why you get pulverized?

I dont understand why so many news sources are picking this up. Jails don't have cafeterias to feed the prisoners. Are they suppose to starve them?

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree with this. Reminds me of the "The Fugitive" scene where Chicago PD was questioning the guy who said he knew Kimble was in his apartment; they're eating cheeseburgers. :eek:

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

ignorance on your part

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't understand, are they not supposed to feed suspects food or something? He said he was hungry during interrogation so they got him some fast food.

I mean they even feed people in death row, what exactly is the problem here.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

police are very friendly/helpful to a suspect who is willing to confess

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wonder if you offered his victims a late meal?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you even read the stupid things you post?

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You should probably take your own advice first and foremost.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I read everything I post....as should you. Take notes if you have to, you could learn a lot.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

The difference in tactics when a perp complies vs. attacking the officer and not complying.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If only she asked for a whopper junior WHEN HE ****ING ASKED NICELY
    [​IMG]

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there is a problem, it just made me laugh because it is ironic.

I know some cops and they tell me that yeah, if they don't like someone they might rough him up a bit before bringing him in. I'm sure cooperation goes a far way.

That said, I also would not be surprised if a black guy who had just brutally murdered 9 little kids probably might not get the burger king treatment. Just a hunch.