1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket speaks again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats plain stupid

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Most of the conjecture on these boards is idiotic!

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

If you treated every BBallhollic idea as if it were an out of wed lock baby, even Shawn Kemp would shake his head at that child support bill!

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Agreed, it's a very interesting theory for sure. Obviously would depend heavily on how high you can move up and to get whom, but in theory, provides the most upside for the offseason of anything I've heard, IMO.

5. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

AMEN!

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Move Ariza + 18 for Justice Winslow for example:

Lineup:
    Bev and/or Lull / Nick Johnson
    Harden / KJ
    Justice / MLE player (if no Lull) or Filler
    Love or LMA / DMo / Smith (we can assume Jones has to be moved)
    Dwight / Capela / Dorsey

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes please.

8. basketballholic

Ariza is a nice player. No doubt about it. But he is what he is. And he is replaceable. In fact, I hate to burst your bubble, but he is upgradable. Now that doesn't mean he was a negative on this team, like say Terrence was. He was/is most certainly a positive contributor.

But....if Morey's desire is to either sign or possibly trade for Kevin Durant in the upcoming season, then a young player like Hezonja makes the most sense in a trade for Durant than does a player like Ariza. Plus if we're going to attempt to bring in a max free agent this summer....it is better accomplished through trading away salary an making cap room as opposed to trading outright for the max free agent player. Cleveland and Memphis have NO INCENTIVE to sign-and-trade their players for incoming salary. Cleveland would be best served garnering a TPE for Love's salary or merging a Love trade into a 3-way deal with BKN bringing in Joe Johnson, etc.

Memphis would be better off with pure cap space to go after DeAndre or somebody else with. Of course Memphis/Cleveland would proably agree to a sign-and-trade for Marc/KLove if they knew they wanted to go with us sending them DMo, #18, and other assets not including Ariza. But then your assets are depleted and you have nothing to trade for Durant at the deadline next year. Not to mention Ariza's contract is sitting on your books in the supper of 2016 and would most likely take away your ability to offer Durant or some other superstar a 4th max deal in 2016.

If you move Ariza out this summer along with some of our other assets for a premier asset in this draft and then you sign Love or Gasol outright then you've got the possibility of teasing a trade out of OKC at the deadline in Feb 16 for Durant, using your great rookie asset, plus other pieces parts or you can go into the summer of 16 with Harden/Dwight/GasolorLove/Hezonja or whatever great rookie piece we acquire and the immediate cap space to sign a 4th great player....whether that player be Durant or possibly a PG.

9. basketballholic

Thankfully some of us have ideas. If it were left up to the rest of you who have no ideas on how to improve the team and make this team the premier team for a few years then this board would be a total bore.

Worse yet, some of the ideas some of you come up are so terrible it ain't even funny. You're trashing out my idea of moving Ariza. Here's the really bad ideas that are circulating around here: Giving anybody else a long-term contract that is guaranteed beyond next season that is not a superstar or a high draft pick rookie. Any idea that suggest that we roll out multi-year guaranteed money to Brewer, Smith, Bev, etc. is so stupid it ain't even funny.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) Where did I bash your idea of moving Ariza?
    2) Where did I make any of the long term contract proposals you referenced?
    3) When did I ever tell you to stop posting your ideas?

11. basketballholic

1. Haven't seen it. Others have. Just addressed in this post. Nothing personal.

2. Hopefully you were smart enough not to. But many of you here are not.

3. Don't keep track of who tells me what to do. I have no idea whether or not you did or didn't. And it doesn't matter if you did.

the term "you" was preceded by the term "some of the rest of you" in my above post. it was meant to address all the chirpers who bring nothing but criticism on everybody else's ideas but they don't have the guts nor the brains to contribute any ideas of their own except stupid ones.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't think so, especially if we get Devin Booker

13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Ariza ain't enough to move from 18 to 5.

14. basketballholic

Im wondering if Capela could get us #13 from PHX outright. Then #13 and #18 plus Ariza for #8.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Thank god someone sees the light.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Winslow is projected to go 5 -7. And the suns already have Len. What they want is either a prospect with star potential or pf. Maybe capella + jones. And thats if they dont want any of the wings available.

17. basketballholic

First 4 are set almost.

Orlando is leaning towards Portzingis at 5.

Sac is leaning towards WCS at 6. And if one of the PGs actually falls below 4 with the Knicks taking a risk on somebody else, then Sac will snap them up at 6.

7 is Nuggets. No telling what they're gonna do. But BPA at that point if KAT, JO, DR, EM, KP, and WCS are off the board is either Winslow or Hezonja.

That leaves Detroit at #8 looking at whichever is left of Hezonja/Winslow or possibly Stanley Johnson or maybe reaching a bit for Kaminsky since Greg is probably leaving.

So, Det might actually entertain a trade if they could get Ariza and another pick at #18. They'd probably want DMo and #18. We might have to let that slide and see if they pick up Kaminsky.

If Det took Kaminsky in that scenario then you're looking at CHarlotte at #9, who obviously need wing help. And they want in the playoffs. So Ariza and #18 might very well get us #9 at that point. Of course, that trade would need to go down after the July moratorium.

I think it's possible that we could put enough value on the table to get up to #7. And possibly even #6 if we put DMo out there with #18.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Why does it matter what ANY poster here thinks? LOL

Morey is NOT dumping Ariza, DMo & Capela for a pipe dream scenario involving Gasol or Love. Our offseason roster needs are crystal clear: POINT GUARD. POINT GUARD. POINT GUARD.

Ariza is the glue that holds it all together. He was incredible this postseason, a proven winner who elevates his game -- ON BOTH ENDS -- when it matters most, and you wanna dump him (and the rest of our talented, young core of bigs) for a 0.1% shot at landing either Gasol or Love. That's probably not the most asinine thing I've ever seen you post, but it's right up there.

But don't let reason stop you... carry on.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'ts not stupid if we can get a guarantee from Love, Aldridge or Milsap. If we can it's actually an ideal situation because we would have to move Ariza and a couple of other contracts like either Motie or Jones, but get little to no salary in return.

Hence, using them to trade up in the draft. Another way I could see us move those players and get little salary return is trying to find a good player on a rookie contract who's team has enough cap space.

Example

Ariza for Schroder would work pretty damn well if the Hawks don't want to bring back. Schroder would be a nice point, and he's only on a 2 mill contract. Could still use Motie/Jones/Capela to move up in the draft as well.

But again, this is all under the HIGHLY unlikely circumstance that we get a GUARANTEE from a star player like Love, Aldridge, Gasol or Milsap.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

^ Bring back Carroll*