1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the first time in 30 years as a Rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, May 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol this guy

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

30 years huh? Rookie.

Try staying a fan when the whole organization gives up on the entire season. (Got Ralph and Dream out of that though.)

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they are so outmatched in talent and coaching, i don't blame them for being frustrated, and i dont blame them for being blown out. trying harder won't make them much better. the clippers don't have a weakness that the rockets can take advantage of.

4. thesimp

thesimp Member

Not to mention our weak +3 against DAL in Round 1.

We never blew out a depleted Mavs team and allowed them murder us Game 4.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I tip my hat to the Clippers. They have destroyed the Rockets in every way and exposed this team for all its shortcomings. To me, this is the nail in the coffin on the idea a Harden-Howard led team will ever win a championship no matter who they put around them. Hey, but they sure can win a lot of regular season games! It is what it is. Yea...it's been great to make it to the second round here. lol. McFail basically show how he gave up by hacking Jordan. He had nothing left and gave up on trying to defends these guys. He basically admitted defeat imo. The Rockets were more than a Bosh away from a championship. More like half a team away of capable ball players. Whatever the Rockets were trying to do here...it just doesn't work.

6. TMilner

TMilner Member

This series has exposed what we have known all season. Extremely poor free throw shooting has plagued us all season, along with turnovers. And our three point shooting has been streaky at best. The Clippers coach has neutralized Harden and has the bigs to offset Howard. But what we don't talk much about is the significant loss DMo and Bev have been to this series. DMo actually has played better and better defense. And his post moves and smart passes and three point threat pulled the defense away from both Harden and Howard. It saddens me that the national announcers haven't mentioned his absence once. And Bev had the mental toughness that is lacking in this series along with clutch three pointers.
    The Rockets are losing partially due to the loss of these two starters.

7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

U took the words right out of my mouth. Having them wouldn't solve Howard or smiths terrible free throw shooting but Bev's toughness and defense alone would help. I thought the refs have been fair throughout the series but they robbed Dwight early on some BS calls. We are better than this and I'm not putting it all on Mchale but everyone knows he was going to get out coached. I thought it would be better than this. A great Rockets team came back from a 3 to 1 series to win a championship before. Anything is possible.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This is how I see it. If they continue at this rate the Clips will win the championship. Sometimes teams just click and then win even the championship series in four games. This does not mean that the team that got swept was full of loser gutless quitters with a stupid coach and clueless GM.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not surprised

I always said Rockets are fools gold. Regular season is fools gold especially if you noticed how the Rockets played.

Low point differential, needing Harden to go super human to bail us out every single time.

Come playoffs the game goes tow levels higher and coaches are playing chess while McFail is playing ping pong with his balls.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're getting really close already. There were tons of empty seats for Game 1 of a second-round playoff series; home crowds are dead during the regular season; the Texans dominate the airwaves, even when they're not playing; the team has quit unlike any other I can remember for almost no obvious reason.

It's like they only wanted to win the pissing match against Dallas and were satisfied with that. I pity anybody who paid good money for the bloodbath that's about to happen in Game 5. I hope they boo the **** out of these guys and that we never have to see Josh Smith, in particular, in a Rockets uniform again.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will feel numb and indifferent for a week or so. That is how this series is affecting me.

I cannot detect sarcasm in this state, you can't be seriously demanding to do so.