1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. stab

stab Member

Terry and Pablo in a 7 game series vs CP3, no thank you.......

Gimme the Spurs

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You're probably going to need to get them off Flashseats on the secondary market. I couldn't get the tickets I wanted 15 minutes after the pre-sale started yesterday.

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Clippers because kawhi would be the best player in a spurs rockets series.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Are you planning to hurt or chefnap Harden?

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Clips. Slow down CP3 and they are beatable. I do not see us beating San Antonio more than once in a 7 game series.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Glad to know but you will disappointed when the Rockets move on to the WCF.

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

What world do you live in? Kawhi is great no doubt....but that is a preposterous statement.

Give me a player in the ENTIRE NBA right now.....any one...and tell me ANY current player can handle the load and defensive schematic attention that James Harden commands.

No one has it tougher than James Harden and he just had a GREAT series overcoming, adapting and leading his team convincingly in the First Round.

Ridiculous statement.

8. SevenMinuteAbs

Id take dwight and Timmy...still... Over Kawhi right now.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Are you telling me Kawhi Leonard isn't capable of playing lockdown defense (without fouling) on Harden to the point where he also outproduces him on the offensive end?

Did you know spurs are 85% winners when Kawhi scores over 20 points?

Are you aware that Dallas has one of the worst team defenses in the entire NBA, and the Spurs have one of the best with TWO elite wing defenders in Green and Leonard? Did you know the Spurs are also one of the best teams at closing out on 3 point shooters?

It's certainly possible that the Spurs win, and Kawhi Leonard outproduces Harden in the process. You thinking it's not is just pure homerism.

I'm by no means a Spurs fan, just being objective. Clippers would be an easier match-up for us, they don't really have anyone that can shut Harden down, not to mention there would be no HAck-A-Squad strategy.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Clips, I do not want to see Kawhi in the playoffs.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Everyone knows Khawi is going to be on Harden. Not only is Khawi a good defender, Harden will probably be double-teamed to get the ball out of his hands. On top of that, Pop will hack-a-whoever and Harden will have the ball out of his hands even more.

Our role players will really have to step up against the Spurs where as against the Clips, Harden would have more opportunities to do what he does best.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Here take off those homer glasses and recall those two games versus the spurs at the end of the regular season, both Spurs wins. This is during a time Leonard is basically the #1 option on that offense.

Game 1.

Leonard - 9/15 - 20 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 steals +13
    Harden - 6/15 - 22 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, -26 (by far the worst on the team)

Game 2.

Leonard - 7/17 - 18 points, 9 rebounds, 2 ast, 4 steals -2
    Harden - 5/19 - 16 points, 2 rebounds, 10 ast, 3 steals -2

Not ridiculous, or preposterous by any means.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Probably will be different this time around.

Harden as do most offensive players do most of their work out of a PNR.

Not as much 1 vs 1 battles in the NBA.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I take it you didn't watch the games and how the teams were setting up their defenses and what other actions they were taking to impact the game?

This isn't the 1990's where you could break a game down into a bunch of 1v1 battles

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stole the words out of my mouth LOL!

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Did not mean to turn this into who is better Leonard or Harden thread, because they are both extremely good and do different things for their team.

I like to look at this from the perspective of which team gives us the most avenues to victory.

1. You look at the clips, weak bench - this allows brewer and/or smith to potentially win us a game.

2. They can't hack our team because of Jordan, who is actually not a very good defender, and we can exploit them on the 4-5 PNR. Yes we can. Griffin and Jordan although getting better over the years do not work very well together.

3. Clippers are a middle of the road team defense.

4. Chris Paul is really the only one you worry about, he's gonna win a game or two for them because he's so good.

5. You look at the spurs, Danny Green is the premier transition defender in the NBA right now (aside from leonard that is) and he all but neutralizes Corey Brewer. If you don't believe me google it.

6. Kawhi Leonard

7. Have fun exploiting Tim Duncan on the 4-5 PNR, especially if he plays with Diaw.

8. Speaking of Diaw, what a matchup nightmare, like a more efficient version of Josh Smith.

9. See what's crazy here is I have not even mentioned Manu or TP, who can easily swipe one game from us.

Spurs are a harder matchup. Root for the Clippers today and you won't be disappointed.

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Of course not guys, but the argument was whether at the end of the series if it were possible Kawhi leonard could be the best player (IE MVP) ? He's saying it's not possible, I'm saying it certainly is.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm going to change my decision a 3rd time. As long as the Clippers win today, I don't care who we play. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's easier to beat the Clippers, but it's also imo easier to win the championship if we beat the Spurs.

19. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Harden has his worst games against the clips..
    Prob lowest of all nba teams.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I want the Spurs. Rockets have never played them in the playoffs in the Duncan, Parker, Manu era. Would be awesome!