1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Curry led his team to the 2nd round. ;)

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not care(curry). Really want 1 or more MVPs for Curry and Harden at the end of their career.

Both are great. Curry happens to be great at long range shooting... something everybody seems to love more than FT shooting, Going to the Line, Step back 2, Eurostep.....

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Harden's performance vs SA got his team to the Finals. So....

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And I'm listening to the espn crowd say the performance locked up the award.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Curry is amazing but Harden is the reason for the Rockets team doing so well in the regular season . Curry has an amazing supporting cast while Harden's teammates suffer from injuries every other day. There i s no doubt in my mind that he deserves the MVP.

6. VBG

VBG Member

I think it's kind of fascinating how Harden's case is based on narrative and raw numbers.

Curry's case is based on advanced numbers and impact.

Morey has to back the side with narrative and basic numbers and ignore the efficiency and advanced stats in many cases.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

GSW have nothing to play for, Curry is just free stroking. ESPN awards the MVP on a game that means nothing. Yea seems legit.

Meanwhile, Harden and the Rockets are in a grind it out fight to the finish. In the process, Harden just happen to put up (2) 50+ point games, (10) 40+ point games, (35) 30+ point games ALL while missing 2/5ths and sometimes 3/5ths of his starting lineup.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So petty..Curry rightfully deserves it just as much. Let the Warriors have that.

9. VanityHalfBlack

That is because, they were winning their games as should??? You want the Warriors to play catch up????

10. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

"Ok handles"? Want to know how I know you're an ignorant homer?

Keep playing that race angle, too. It makes you sound REAL intelligent.

These kind of games? No he doesn't.

11. Fantasma Negro

James isn't winning the mvp, he might win the nba players association player of the year award but he's not winning the mvp. He needs to focus on winning this division title and stfu about the mvp award, it makes him seem unfocused to be claiming that he'e the mvp in the midst of a playoff run. Show your value by winning games not giving sound bytes. And he should make sure he outscores Westbrook by 7 points each night for the next four games or that scoring title is gone too

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Curry has a team full of ALL STARS!!!

For the Rockets it James and His Island of Misfit Toys. D12, Dmo were/are injuried. Everyone hates Bev except the Rockets, he's an NBA villain. Josh Smith was the biggest joke in the NBA, people still take pot shots at him all of the time. Dorsey is Dorsey, Ray Lewis with a basketball. Capela hasn't made a FT?!?!?! Terry and Prigs have one foot in the grave. TJones beats homeless people and gets beat down by Aldridge. Even the great Harden himself is "tolerated" in NBA circles. Too obvious if they hate publicly, they'd look like haters.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Curry = Shorter PG version of Kevin Martin with handles.

14. malakas

malakas Member

LOL calling Curry's handles ok. :eek: and comparing him to Korver.:eek:
    I'm a Harden fan too but that's too much.

15. steady

steady Member

This was still an important game for GS. They lost their last two games, but it could be explained that they were road games. This was a home game and to lose three in a row, would've started to raise questions. You don't want to go into playoffs starting to doubt yourself

Plus the game was close. The 17 points Curry scored in last five minutes - was not stat padding, he saved warriors. And the degree of difficulty on most of shots was high.

Gotta say I was not sure he had it in him.

16. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

lol,,, I guess if we aren't going to win a championship we atleast wanna win something.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

this comparison isn't even close

18. steady

steady Member

Shaq had that same look in his eyes post game that I remember LeBron having in one of games where Steph Curry led Davidson to Elite Eight as a college sophomore. (LeBron was in audience.)

Like, is this guy for real?

19. VanityHalfBlack

You're joking right?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all. I just don't find his game to be especially impressive. He's a very good shooter, and a quick shooter at that, but I saw that from Kevin Martin. Make Martin shorter and give him PG handles and you have Curry. I can appreciate a good shooter, but putting him in the conversation for MVP (and the media being stupid enough to hand the award to him) is just laughable.