1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crawfish in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Poloshirtbandit

I like the one in Ranch 99.

2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Was just about to list Crawfish Shack.

And he isn't kidding about the lines. Expect very long lines. Get there early, they get packed quick.

3. dacodeman

dacodeman Member

I recommend jolynns on beechnut for their spicy butter garlic seasoning. I haven't been in the past year or so but always go there for the flavor. The owner is another reason I never feel a need to go anywhere else; after my second of maybe 8 visits, she had a personal welcome and greeting for when I came and could remember how many lbs and choice of sides from my last visit.
    Best spicy garlic and great owner. Price is normal, and it gets packed but not too bad. Longest I waited was 30 mins.
    https://plus.google.com/113858616451747442720/about?gl=us&hl=en

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This season ive been to: Sam's Boat, BB's and LA Crawfish.

I was not impressed with Sams or BB's but LA Crawfish was damn good. Highly recommend it. Went to the one off of Richmond and Weslayan.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Cajun Kitchen to me is the best in Houston. Get the ****** bucket with 3lbs(not sure) of crawfish with 1lb of crabs, 1lb of shrimp, potatos and corn. Not only are their flavors good(the house special) they serve other dishes as well.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

That LA Crawfish is good. BYOB too.

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I forgot to add that I have also been to Bayou City Seafood. Their's was pretty decent, but a little on the small side. Im sure that is just because of it being early on in the season.

8. runamok

runamok Member

Boil House- in the Heights, I have never been there, however I know the owner and he is from Louisiana. Should be authentic and fresh. I am planning to try it out when I have the time. Link: http://www.theboilhouse.com/ Wed-Fri, Sat-Sun at specific times.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Do many of you prefer Asian style crawfish?

I feel like they smother it in thick oily seasoning and it ends up making me take a massive dump.

Cajun style crawfish where they just use a traditional Cajun seasoning to boil the water with is preferable to me. What about you guys/gals?

10. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Once you go to Crawfish Shack you won't want to go to LA crawfish anymore. I feel like they just boil the crawfish and have it sitting there for a long time. I always get these small mushy crawfish.

But at Crawfish shack they are always big and always fresh.

11. slamdunk179

slamdunk179 Member

I agree. When they first opened, I would rate it in my top 5. The two times I have been to LA crawfish this year have been horrible. Frozen tasting crawfish smothered in butter, with no taste in the meat. Literally right after you order, your order is ready.

The best in my opinion is Seafood Shoppe. Going to pass at the current $8.99 per pound though. I can't justify paying that much for crawfish..

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I went to Rajin the other day and got a pound and a half. Small, and not very flavorful. I had to peel and dip them in spice.

Definitely prefer a good ol' fashioned boil in the backyard with extra fixin's.

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Crawfish Heaven!

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Last time I went to Crawfish Heaven the price per lb of crawfish was $2 more than other crawfish places. $9.99 a Lb in the middle of crawfish season. GTFO

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Anyone finding big crawfish? The ones I've had so far have all been way too small.

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I know exactly what you mean regarding "massive dump" after eating the spicy butter garlic at LA Crawfish.

I wonder if it is the same if I ordered just the traditional spicy Cajun. Will have to report back....

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Breh... I can't preach Crawfish Shack enough.

It's worth the drive for you city folks. :grin:

18. hvic

hvic Member

Jolynn's has a very unique taste to the crawfish and there prices are higher than other places because they have the bigger crawfish sizes. The owner is pretty cute and I think that's the reason my friends would favor this place.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

She must love you guys long time uh

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Its too early for large ones. Wait until June.