1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol I have one. And a Wii... But my friend in college has it.. I need to get that **** back.

Kinect looks so cool though. And i just want to be able to player elder scrolls online and the new elder scrolls game when it drops.

Although reading about new 4K systems makes me want to wait.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Um, if you're not using a logitech wheel when playing racing game (any platform) you're not doing it right :D Like what's even the point?

I chose PC because it's the most flexible machine (no online fee, mods, more f2p, and etc.), that and humble bundle + Steam sales have pretty much wiped anyway any premium on upkeep (and really one graphic hard the past 6 years all I've really updated, and some RAM).

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I see what yall mean Wizkid and Duncan...... I haven't upgraded my PC in a while as well but then again when I put it together I pretty much built it strong from the getgo.... I only have one game on my steam account and that's Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic...... PC is going to always have the advantage and I did enjoy playing BioShock in max settings. Columbia in my opinion is one of the most breathtaking places in all of gaming and Infinite deserved to be played on a proper PC.

Then again there should always be a special place for consoles because they still belong and they are still what made us get into gaming in the first place. Children and young adults who cant afford a gaming rig or cant build a PC still deserve a similar experience and both PS4 and Xbox One are the closest any console has come to a PC like experience. They make life easy and I cant deny how simple it is to turn on my xbox and jump right into a game (HALO) with a couple of friends and go head to head against people sometimes on the other side of the world.

Comparing a PC to a console is kind of like comparing a modified track/race car with a Subaru STI.... Yes the modified race car will win but sometimes you just need to get where your going and driving there in an STI is not bad at all....

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yea if I remember correctly PS2 had some huge third party exclusives like Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid and etc. The big third party games are mostly multiplatform these days. It would be hard for any console to dominate the market. PS4 out selling its competitor almost 2 to 1 is pretty crazy.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ok so I'm feeling like playing something good on PC.... Any recommendations?