1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[What If] No trade happens by deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Feb 9, 2015.

?

What percentage chance is there of a trade happening?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. 100%

19.5%
  2. 75%

26.9%
  3. 50%

29.4%
  4. 25%

19.2%
  5. 0%

4.9%
  1. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

never understood that thread and why its so huge

2. FEAR THE BEARD

Have a strong feeling nothing's going to happen at all.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That makes two of us. That thread has almost a record-setting number of views.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dragic doesn't want to be here, Lawson is only available if we massively overpay, Deron isn't getting bought out, and the Bucks have shown no interest in moving Knight.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

If there is no new center, PG and or another wing then say bye-bye to playoff hopes. We just cannot count on Dorsey & Dwight for center position + Beverley & Terry as your guards outside of Harden.

6. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I just don't want to trade for someone who sais the don't want to resign. It just seems senseless to me. We can use our lottery pick and upgrade the point guard position. We are not going to do anything in the playoffs without Howard anyway.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want a major trade - I think they have enough on the bench, just got to trust the young guys.

DD

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rockets need to make a move if Portland & OKC are loading up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Portland quiere a Wilson Chandler, Sacramento a Aaron Afflalo, todo el mundo quiere a Dragic, OKC quiere a Brook López... Mucho rumor</p>&mdash; Marcelo Bousquet (@MBousquetESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MBousquetESPN/status/568063309439750144">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I think we know that Morey is working to get a deal done that will improve this team. If nothing happens, the Rockets are a good team who will keep getting better as Smith/Brewer get more comfortable in their role, TJones returns to peak form, Howard gets healthy, etc.

Every year we get excited for the trade deadline but this year I feel like this team could be a contender even if no moves happen. It would be nice to upgrade PG, but at what expense?

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I love our bench, hate the starting lineup. All I want is a title, so sick of this not making it beyond round 1/2 crap.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They don't have enough. Even if Howard was playing at the same level as Harden, we would still need a better PG than Bev as a starter. I believe Canaan can improve, but it's going to take him time to be a valuable playoff contributor.

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agreed. A minor PG upgrade to limit Jet's minutes and provide some creativity off the bench is all I really want.

I would take Dragic, even if it's a 2 month rental, but only for a 2nd and maybe a Canaan-esque, i.e. non-rotation and in the doghouse, player.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder what would happen if we give our current players time to gel. Because of the constant changes in our lineup over the past few years, our players never have a chance to really gel. Look at all the new players we have in our rotation. I think it takes more than ten or twenty games to really learn how to play with each other.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You say this like it should be simple (or even possible). Consider how many franchises have won titles in the last 30 years (hint - it's less than 30%).

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

Don't see a Dragic trade coming. This isn't like when the Rockets were in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. He was considering Houston at the time. Standing pat seems like the most likely and intelligent scenario.

16. hakeemthagreat

That position can certainly use a improvent. But if Bev starts hitting his 3's again and plays the defense we know he can, we'll be fine. Our biggest need is backup center. Even if Dwight comes back 100%, he's still gonna be on a minutes restriction. If Morey thinks he can gamble with Dorsey as our backup then we are screwed. There is no way in HELL Dorsey should be seeing significant minutes

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be perfectly fine if no trade happens. All we need is time to play with a consistent group of guys to build the chemistry and get them used to each other.

I'd only be okay with a trade if it didn't get rid of one of the main pieces we have in place right now. D-Mo needs to stay, T-Jones needs to stay, Brewer, Smith, and Terry all need to stay. Beverley doesn't have to stay but the pieces that would fit in trading him or very limited, so it would probably be better to keep him.

18. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

No trade is better than a bad trade.

19. hakeemthagreat

So you're okay with losing another 1st round playoff series? You think Joey Dorsey is servicable backup center?:confused:

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You best evacuate Katy!