1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kid behind plate wearing Rox new logo hat

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Jul 10, 2003.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Thurs. July 10, 2003
    Astros vs. Reds

There's a kid sitting behind the plate wearing Rox new logo hat. I wonder whose kid?

It looked like a Reds hat at first glance, but a close up of the catcher framed him close enough to make out the new logo.

Now in the 5th inning they're not sitting there anymore...
    Reds 1 'Stros 11 - they either bounced or went to get a hot dog.

Who sits in those seats? Just anyone? Or H.C. Sports Authority types? Rox execs?

Wondering....

Wish I could screen capture it.

Edit: Late in fifth Worrell talked about the "sleek" new logo... said it was an "excellent job." FYI - He also said "Les doesn't consult me about those decisions."

#1 IROC it, Jul 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yes, I've seen those Bob... I just wish I could have screen captured the people... maybe it could be Tim? If he has a kid and goes to the Juice Box...;)

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Anybody see that guy directly behind Ausmus? He's been on the phone this entire game.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Posted on Tue, Jul. 08, 2003

Rockets unveil new logo
    PAM EASTON
    Associated Press

HOUSTON - Samples of the Rockets' new logo are appearing on caps in Houston.

The Rockets are mailing about 800 caps with the team's new logo to business executives and potential suite buyers over the next week in boxes marked "Top Secret," the team said Tuesday.

The new design is supposed to resemble a rocket with twin exhaust trails.

"They are obviously trying to make a statement in the use of this graphic," said Paul Swangard, managing director of The Warsaw Sports Marketing Center at the University of Oregon. "On the surface I can see it having the brand equities of the Rockets. The name 'Rocket,' I can see that in there. I can see the upward movement of a team on the rise and a spacey connotation to it."

But Swangard said the team has to sell its new logo to 12-year-olds, not those in the sports marketing world.

Susan Newquest, Rockets manager of marketing communications, said the team has received positive feedback on the new logo.

"Everybody really likes it," she said.

The team is supposed to unveil a new uniform in September, Newquest said. The new design, which is still in the works, will feature a still-unannounced color scheme possibly featuring dashes of silver, white and black. A new scheme would be the franchise's fourth, following green-and-gold, red-and-gold and the current red-white-and-blue.

"The cynic says they have reinvented themselves more than once," Swangard said. "That is pretty aggressive by some standards."

Gone will be the pinstripes or the needle-nosed cartoon rocket that have been on the team's uniforms since 1995, prompting Charles Barkley to compare the look to that of a clown suit.

Team owner Leslie Alexander has approved the new logo, according to the Houston Chronicle, which first displayed the logo on its Web site Tuesday.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6259102.htm

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

One thing I've noticed about a lot of the people who sit behind home plate is that they aren't true fans. You see these people on tv because of where the camera is pointed for most of the game and you notice that they dissappear for long stretches and tend to leave early.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

You can always tell though when it is someone that doesn't sit there often. They are the ones that are on the phone and when the camera goes on them they start waving. You know they are talking to someone watching the game and the person on the other end goes "Dude you're on TV" " OK you're of" " On again"...

Those kinds of people crack me up.

CK

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Thats true. I think JVG was the first person I ever saw who stayed in those seats for the entire game.