1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I hope that's conjecture; I don't care for the ultimate upside from that maneuvering.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If he goes to the Heat, then its apparent he isn't about winning.... I wouldn't want him if he did this, and I'd be glad he didn't come to Houston.

I don't he'll go to Miami. I think its up to Houston and Dallas.

3. gaspar

gaspar Member

D-Mo doesn't have nowhere near the trade value to be the centerpiece in a trade for a player of Dragic's caliber.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'm thinking he's spot on and they want to get the dragic deal done and get the team in place.

this would be the team morey dreams of.

5. The Law

The Law Member

Not worried. He either...

A) wants to play for a contender since he is already getting paid.

Or

B) Goes to a mediocre East team with no harm to this team as it isn't the Mavs or Clips that he is signing with.

6. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

DMo is finally showing a big step up in his post play, on both ends of the court, and we're going to do this? I'd be shocked. Can't believe it's more F5, now, when I thought things would settle down for a couple months.

8. Convictedstupid

This is awful news. I don't believe Smith is the answer at PF and trading the 1 good PF we have certainly doesn't help anything.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe the 76ers claim him off of waivers to help them tank the season.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really? He has played quite well as of late.
    Again, look at the principal assets that Rondo fetched

* 2016 Mavs 1st rounder (likely in the 20's)
    * Brenden Wright (UFA after this season looking to get paid at >9M per.)

DMo (on a rookie contract) is not worth more than either of those individually?

+ Dragic's value is falling because he is disgruntled with his role on the team and is a UFA after this season and says he will "look around."

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I, too, don't indulge in that level of self-loathing. So, who does?

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Exactly. If we get Smith, we should have two months to evaluate him as a starter, and by then, Dragic's asking price should go down even more (I fully expect PHX to get worse and worse and fall out the playoff race when OKC keeps winning).
    Smith should also be motivated playing with one of his closest friends, a contender, playing back at his natural position, and also potentially, for a new contract (if we sign him on a 1 year deal).

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I don't agree with much of what you post but on this subject we are in agreement. You don't trade DMo....Harden and DMo will be the 1-2 punch this team counts on for the next decade.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How does everyone feel about Josh Smith's "defense" at the PF position? And as it relates to guarding players like LMA & Dirk?

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Sorry, but this is just silly. Terrence's career is not in jeopardy. It's not a Nash situation at all in regards to a chronic back issue. It's a bruise, much like Carson Palmer's, that will heal in time. The question is simply how much.

Now, would teams offer peak value before seeing him play for a few games? Probably not, which is why I think the Rockets wouldn't make a deal with him now. But he's definitely still a commodity, even today, should the Rockets become determined to deal him.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would rather not trade DMO in a Dragic trade.

BUT, if the Rockets can keep the NOP pick and parlay it into a quality PF/C then I would feel a lot better.

There is no one on the roster that can replicate DMo's post play. That is worth something.

Then again, if the Rockets got Dragic, his ability to shoot and create shots for others and give Harden REST, would add an awful lot!

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's posting a DRPM of +3.2 and can guard multiple positions. What's not to like?

18. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

If I'm Morey, which I'm not. I'm only doing a deal like this if Dragic is offered now, not at the trade deadline. The suns have no leverage, why would you offer anything but some 2nd rounder's at the deadline.
    Why would you offer any value to the Sun's when you can sign him outright next summer and give up nothing other than cap room and the suns lose him for nothing.
    If Houston were willing to offer him a max contact, I don' t think the Sun's would do the same. They showed their true colors with Bledsoe. Unless Dragic really likes Phoenix, I think he's gone. Not necessarily to Houston, but we have a good a shot as any.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It's a NERVE injury. Nobody can predict how that heals because nerves don't regenerate and heal like muscles or other tissues.

Why do you think no one can give even the slightest semblance of a timetable? It's not like it's a conspiracy. Nobody outside of Houston really cares and it doesn't affect anyone's game plan. Nobody knows.

20. today

today Contributing Member

I originally read this as Smith + DMo + Pick + Filler for Dragic. If that's the case, can Smith be traded again that soon?

Or he could mean that Smith will be arriving, along with Dragic.

Which one is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.