1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still early, but predict the Texan's record next year

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets-#1, Jun 20, 2003.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Carr will improve, but it'll take some time (due to line problems) to blosson into a probowl type playa...

I predict the Texans go 7-9, and just miss the wild card...

2. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

After talking about Carr and Harrington here, I posed the question at my Bills website about whom they thought would be the better QB. Here's what they had to say.

Carr or Harrington

BTW, if you ever want to discuss football in another forum with knowledgable fans Billsinsider is the site. AS long as you comewith good football talk you can expect alot more back in return there.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

4. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

I would say a good year for the Texans would be 6 wins and 3 lossing games in which you were in it till the end.

BTW, I really like the Jags to emerge as your divison champs. I really like what they have done on both sides of the ball, and the new coaching staff should add extra motivation around a place that has seemed dead for the past few seasons.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kind of like the loss to the Bills last year? You's guys got lucky! ;)

6. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

Lucky had nothing to do with it. The 2nd half was a thing of beauty. Our D clammped down and shut down your offense (the only score you got in the 2nd half came on Henry's fumble). Take away that fluke 80+ yard play to Bradford in the beggining and the game isin't close.

But you guys are building the team the right way. If everyone is patient then this team can be a contender in a few years. Much like the Browns of last year, but hopefully you woulden't lose all your defensive players after 1 good year.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Speaking of the Bills game, consider it a fluke that the ref messed up the call on the first drive of the game. It should have resulted in a touchdown instead of a field goal. Game over.

8. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

The one thing I'll remember about the game was that our prez was at the game.