1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongman

bongman Member

Thanks for catching this.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL people saying Morey wouldn't trade DMo for Millsap? Seriously?

1 person likes this.
  3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

It is fun, but its even funner to watch the parades in June.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

"We're on a 7 game winning streak. Something's gotta change."

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

millsap is untradeable. he's playing like their franchise player. hawks will offer him 20M or whatever max he's eligible for next year.

6. seeingred

seeingred Member

ugh. been following this thread too long. had a dream (nightmare ?) we traded for kemba walker last night.

#inside(my head)r status

7. NotChandlerParsons

It was a premonition dude. You're a psychic insider. You'll be receiving your custom made chipotle free burrito card in the mail shortly.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh, I agree he's not going to be traded. The Hawks are playing too well, mostly because of him.

I'm just talking about the people saying Morey wouldn't unload DMo for Millsap if given the opportunity. I swear...the overrating of our assets sometimes reaches comical levels.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 100%. DMO is at All-Star franchise cornerstone untradeable status after 10 good games in his illustrious 120+ game career with some posters in here. LOL. I hope and am pulling for him to keep improving and adding to the wins, but Morey would trade him in the blink of an eye for Milsap all day every day if he had the chance.

10. gostros

gostros Member

Question for capologists - let's say we acquire a player with a salary of roughly $7.5-8.0 million.

Specifically, lets say we trade the exception and a pick to Denver for Aaron Afflalo (who makes $7.5 million).

Could we then, prior to Feb. 19th, turn around and trade Afflalo ($7.5), K-Pap (~$4.8) and Terry (~5.8) for Carmelo ($22.5)?

The Rocket's players' salaries add up to 18.1. 125% of 18.1 is 22.6, meaning it would fit salary-wise, if I'm correct.

If we threw in the NO pick, New York might even bite. Who knows if Carmelo would waive the no-trade though.

I'm under the impression though that this is the type of trade Morey is ultimately trying to put together.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is exactly the kind of thing Morey is considering except the player absorbed into the TE would likely either be an expiring contract or on a 2 yr deal with the 2nd year being a team option. Flexibility is key.

12. basketballholic

No. Gotta wait 60 days to merge players into outgoing salary with other players once you have traded for them. So trade would have to be Feb. 17-18th if initial trade to fill the TPE was made Dec. 19th.

The other factor you have to keep up with in trades is we can't go above the apron in total salary which is $80.829 million. So not only does the trade have to meet the 125% rule but you've also got to make sure it works under the hard cap of $80.829 million. Not to mention you need to consider somewhat balancing incoming and outgoing players most of the time or at least get it close. It's unrealistic to expect one team to waive 3 or 4 guys just to complete a trade during the season and then they wind up with 10 or 11 guys after the big 4 or 5 for 1 and then have to go sign somebody else. Gotta make sure there are a couple minimum salary guys you can shuffle back and forth to make the deal a little more plausible than 4 or 5 guys going out for 1 guy.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How can anyone cite what ATL will do when they have no owner group. What they will do is wait on any significant player movement until new ownership/management is in place.

Just. Forget. Hawks.

14. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Any Insider here know who the 2 teams were that thought they had a deal with rockets?

15. gostros

gostros Member

Agreed.

Not a lot of expiring contracts (or 2 years w/ team option for second year) around the league in the 6-8 million range though

This is essentially the entire list:

Brandon Bass - $6.9m expiring.
    Amir Johnson $7m expiring
    Tayshon Prince - $7.7m expiring
    Wes Matthews - $7.2m expiring
    Derrick Williams - $6.3m expiring
    Wilson Chandler - $6.7m, team option for next year
    Jason Richardson - $6.6m expiring

I wouldn't mind Brandon Bass. Matthews would be awesome, but that's not happening.

It's too bad that NO pick isn't better. With the Brow playing at MVP levels, it will probably be the #13 or 14 pick.

16. gostros

gostros Member

I think the trade I mentioned does keep us under the apron (juuuuuust barely).

17. blink52y

blink52y Member

David Wesley and or copeland

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

One gm told me that one was Minny for sure. Also, he is trying to get a star player for it. He keeps asking for too much for sure. But he's doing his Job and that's all you can ask.

19. baubo

baubo Member

That's because Minnesota don't have expirings. They have a bunch of guys with player options for next year, which is terrible for trade purposes. If Brewer or Budinger has expiring salaries, Morey probably would've traded for one of them already.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

a whole lot of punters must've bet overs for this game. mocker gods having a laugh :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.