1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2014.

1. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Bogut likely out? Seems like we're catching a lot of breaks lately.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sheeeeit. If anybody deserves a break, I think it's us.

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I have an 8:00am final the next day... I hate the 9:30pm start. All West Coast games should start no later than 6:30 or 7:00pm at the very latest, which would be 8:30pm central.

Anyway, I've been doing this every game since Dwight has been out so..

We win if three of these four things happen:
    1) Harden (and Howard, if playing) is the only MVP performer out there aka limit Curry
    2) We hit 12+ threes, shooting >40%
    3) Unleash Bev on Curry and Ariza on Thompson all night long and force them to have poor shooting nights
    4) Force GSW to have a high number of turnover and take care of the ball

3 absolutely needs to happen for us to win. But I expect this game to be highly entertaining game to start, lots of back and forth with the lead. The first team to have a serious run in the second half is going to win this game.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Who's their backup big? DMo should have a field day.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We can be leading by 20 the majority of the game and have our rookies blow the lead to 8 in the last minute of garbage time and that will be the headline.

Whatever, a win is a win. Lets go get it!

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

If we beat their streak... Oh man I'm gonna be so happy. Soooo happy

8. KlutchQT

Festus Ezeli would start in his place, but I'd bet Marreese Speights would get most of the minutes w/ Draymond filling in for smaller lineups. FWIW:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Bogut said he doesn't think his right knee tendinitis will be a big issue in the future, but it completely locked up tonight.</p>&mdash; Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron/status/542161595263369216">December 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess we shall see.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Hit the booty club now im bout to take off

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Just pound it into dwight and dmo. When the double comes kick out... just like the good ole days. Go Rox!

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i heard an interesting thing today from the golden state commentators, they were saying that Love had told Golden state he wouldn't re-sign with them. The conversation was basically about that trade that wasn't, and one of them goes, good thing we didn't trade Klay, the other responded, didn't really matter since Love told them he wouldn't stick around.

12. rocketblood713

Doubt Dwight plays but if Bogut is out awesome Big Papa being out sucks but if Canaan comes back and Harden and PB are good they can do it ....will they do it is another thing

13. KlutchQT

Canaan has already been ruled out.

14. rocketblood713

Damn I still think they could get this W

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The hell did he do to his ankle? break it?

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm starting to suspect that the Rockets are holding back all of these players(other than T-Jones whose injury is serious) because of how well they're doing in their absence. I mean, Bev was continuously being listed as doubtful just like Dwight and suddenly he's thrust back into the lineup when Papa goes down and there are literally no bodies left. If one more player gets hurt, don't be surprised if Dwight is back for the very next game.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Let's see Canaan out, Dwight out, Terrence out, Kostas out yea we are very lucky :grin:

18. RoxD

RoxD Member

We have a good chance to win this game. It is said that both Bogut & Lee are not playing.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

anyone have a feeling this Dwight injury is more of a scapegoat for the child abuse case and they're keeping it low key? I just dont remember Dwight getting hurt in Memphis... of course Houston coaches never tell us anything on player injuries.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the conspiracy theory some of us(even myself) are throwing around. I'm not ready to don the tinfoil hat just yet. But if we're hearing the same "doubtful for tonight", "Dwight's not coming back anytime soon" incoherence from the Rockets organization a week from now when he'll have been out officially for an entire month, then I'm gonna start to think they're hiding something.