1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring Delfino Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by damunkster, Sep 4, 2014.

1. damunkster

damunkster Member

I just saw that Delfino was release by the Clips. I think his outside shot and ability to possibly play a stretch 4 at times would be good for us.

2. bmd

bmd Member

He's hurt.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What about his ability to play an NBA game? That last time he was in uniform was game 6 vs. OKC in 2013

4. senter

senter Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Per Rotoworld, Per Eric Pincus:

Carlos Delfino (foot) officially cleared waivers this weekend, making him an unrestricted free agent.
    The 32 year old could still contribute as a perimeter shooter off the bench, but unfortunately his surgically-repaired right foot isn't healing properly. With his 2014-15 season in jeopardy it's very unlikely that any team will give him a guaranteed contract. Sep 2 - 5:16 PM
    Source: Eric Pincus on Twitter

Also:

As the roster currently stands going into training camp after the Terry deal is finalized, the Rockets have only THREE roster spots to give these final players (some with guaranteed $):

-Ish Smith, Covington, Hopson or Powell (whichever one isn't in Terry deal), Garcia, Dorsey, Adrien, and Black

We don't know who is going to perform well enough in training camp & the preseason to earn their spot on the team, but we do know enough to know that a good player or two will get cut from this group. Are you willing to sacrifice another useful player (like a Garcia or Adrien who are more likely to make the final cut) in order to sign a Carlos Delfino who can't even walk right now???

#5 dobro1229, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'll take him. with hamilton, daniels, terry, and delfino, we'd have 4 of the best 3 point shooters in the league to spread the floor.

7. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Hamilton signed with Toronto Raptors.

8. senter

senter Member

J HAM is gone

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He could very well have sacrificed his basketball career for this dunk

[​IMG]

10. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Another thread addressed this.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9205504&postcount=10

In short, his injury may keep him out this whole season. Foot has not healed correctly. Not sure there is a market for him until post trade deadline when his foot situation is clearer and teams are gearing up for their stretch runs.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hamilton is gone and he is nowhere closet to being a good 3 point shooter let alone amongst the best

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Once you have bone spurs, you're pretty much done. He gave us all he had when he had it, and we're grateful. But he's done dude.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Remember Marcus Camby's plantar fascitis, he was out 2 years because of it or Yao's chronic foot injuries. Feet are critical, if his injury isn't healing properly it's a big red flag.

14. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Worth it. I would have an endless loop of it playing in my Man Cave if I were him.

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

LOL

Three of these scrubs shoot in the 35-37% range and the fourth is not proven over a full NBA season yet. To put this in perspective, that is the same as the much maligned Rafer Alston shot during most of his time as a Rocket. Matt Maloney is a career 37.2% three point shooter.

"Best 3 point shooters in the league"? I reiterate my introductory "LOL."

16. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

One word.

No

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Delfino deserves to retire a rocket

18. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Delfino was alright when he was here, but I don't understand some of the love he gets here on CF.

19. haydenfisher342

We do need to fill the Powerfoward postion.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Probably worth it too. That the sort of thing you show to your grandkid and they would be amazed, especially if Durant continues his progress as being the greatest ever.

But I wish Delfino luck and a recovery. Would love to see him play basketball professionally again. His reactions were timeless.