1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need dog help....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDream, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I agree 100%. The dog needs to go. If she doesn't understand that then something is wrong.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

agree with others, if the situation is not workable, the dog needs to go

but the situation should be workable

one thing, even the nicest dogs can get growly/snippy if they are approached when eating. Best to feed it in an isolated place until the kids can learn to stay away.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Weird, I'm thinking the exact opposite. If you are going to make a marriage ultimatum, "me or the dog," before exhausting the alternatives listed in this thread, then you are an uncompromising dick and you don't deserve a fiancé because you're marriage will fail in other ways given your attitude to make demands

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My sisters dog bites if it is eating and you try to take away the food.

Otherwise it never bites

6. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The dog should have been trained to not bite when its food or toys are taken away from it. It seems this pet was spoiled to the point of it thinking it's on the same level ground of its humans. This should never be the case.

Proper training should alleviate these problems.

If you're fiancée is however treating this dog like it's more than just a pet, and you are having issues with her understand that you and your children are more important. That is fault on her, and she needs to seek some therapy to remedy her issues. People you love should always come before beloved pets.

I have two dogs myself, Love them as if they were my children. But by no means would they come between someone I love. It's that simple.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Okay weirdo. Exaggeration much? Quit making threads about how you're attracted to your niece before you judge others, sicko.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Sorry but he went personal first haha. I may have overreacted but I thought his insult was kind of harsh considering I'm only looking out for the best interest of OP's children.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Heypartner you now have to do community service. Lol

p.s. You will receive a free t-shirt when doing so. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. heypartner

I love this post.

Get defensive much? Comments were not directed at you.

12. heypartner

ignoring the Jayzers tangent,,,I meant to post this question previously.

Serious question for CF.NET

Would the reaction and comments to this thread be any different if the OP Title was "Need fiance help" rather than dog help, and the post was exactly the same.

me thinks so

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm not saying the dog is a lost cause, but if 1) the OP doesn't want the dog anymore, 2) it has bitten his children IN THE FACE and 3) has bitten the neighbor's kid. it is not only somewhat dangerous to his kids but also a legal liability if the neighbors sue. The fiance should AT LEAST reconsider her need for the dog.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

maybe,maybe no

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

One of my dogs is 14 years old, great dog but even she will growl and snap at me if I try to take food away from her. Just my two.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the kids need to be trained not to mess with a dog and his bone.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dog isn't ideal, but I can't fault him for reacting the way that he did. You don't take things from a dog while it's eating, and a stranger coming on the dog's property - especially in an unusual and unexpected way - would often provoke some sort of reaction especially if the dog isn't very well trained.

It's a learning experience for everyone and I think once the kids learn how to act around the dog and the dog gets more comfortable around the kids, things will get better.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, you definitely have a problem. She loves dogs and you don't love dogs. She has a dog that is sometimes aggressive, and you have two children that could be harmed by the dog. I don't really put much blame on the dog for biting the neighbor, when it was the neighbor that went into the dogs area.

This is what I would do. I would have the dog trained by a professional, and see how that works out. Maybe that would solve the problem, you never know. If training the dog doesn't work, does you fiance have a friend or family member willing to adopt the dog?

I am a dog person, so it would be hard for me to give up my dog. However, if the dog is dangerous, then something has to be done. If it were me, I would spend any amount of money necessary to have the dog trained properly.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's a difference between her worshipping the dog so much that it's causing problems and her really loving it and you not wanting to deal with it anymore.

If it's the former, well that's something that should have been apparent before she moved in. I don't think it's fair to expect or ask her to give up that part of her life. it's probably not going to work out, if this is the case.

As for the latter, like I wrote earlier, you need to give it some more time and also make the effort to train the dog and educate your kids, so everyone will be better off.

Either way, i don't think getting rid of the dog should be the answer, unless he's randomly aggressive.

20. thisiscaketown

Looks like this is a job for

[​IMG]