1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Raz

Raz Member

That's almost nothing for you? I think it's too much. Rondo just recovered from a torn ACL, will be a free agent next summer and plays for a team that is going nowhere. Also, there's no big market for his position. Most of the teams already have a quality Point Guard or nothing to give in return. The Celtics need to get rid of him ASAP, his value is going down. So in your scenario, the Rockets should at least keep Motiejunas or Capela, especially if you're willing to take Bass' contract as part of the deal as well.

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I don't care ... he would bring much needed 'attitude' and defense.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2V2tcKdNUL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the Celtics will only move Rondo if they can unload Gerald Wallace's contract.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No package we put together (sans harden and howard obviously) would be way too much for Dragic.

They wouldn't want any of our PGs. I dont think they would view Tjones as better than Markieff and I feel like they would want an upgrade there, but I guess he would have to be included.

The package would have to include Tjones, Capela, and the NOP pick.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

When does Wallace expire? If it's by the end of the year then I'm actually okay with bringing him off the bench.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

After next season .... This year and next at $10,105,855 each. No options , all guaranteed.

Even being two seasons , I might take both .... If I could get them without giving up anything more than expiring contracts and cap space (might make them give me a pick as that's a lot of salary to take on). Wallace wouldn't be all that difficult to move in the offseason being an expiring contract.

Issue is , I don't think they could take back both salaries within the cap rules as they don't have the contracts to make the $$ work.

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We have cap room and the Lin TPE to absorb Rondo. Send non-guaranteed contracts and prospects to soak up Wallace. If we could flip Wallace to the Bucks to get Ilyasova that would be incredible.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Rondo's salary is $13m .... the Lin TPE is $8,374,646 and I don't believe it can be combined with other players.

IF (that's a big if) they were to trade for Rondo , they'd first have to acquire a player with that exception then hold him 90 days till he was tradable. Gee + that player acquired with the TPE gets you in the ballpark.

The other option is to wait until Dec 15th when Ariza is tradable and package him with another contract to get in the ballpark - This is highly unlikely.

Wallace is due ~$10.1m ....

They would be able to take on one contract in that price range , not both as they just don't have the contracts on the roster to make the numbers match without shredding the roster.

9. basketballholic

What you are suggesting is possible. But we don't have to acquire another player into the trade exception and hold him 90 days to be able to step-up basis. We only need $8,539,394 in outgoing salary to trade for Rondo. Put together Bev with Jones and the non-guaranteeds of Gee, Hopson, Powell, and Covington and you've got enough salary to acquire Rondo. And that trade could happen as soon as August 25th.

May be highly unlikely for acquiring Rondo. May not be highly unlikely for acquiring Love.

Actually we could sign-and-trade Jordan Hamilton ($2 million) and Cisco Garcia ($4.7 million) along with DMo, Canaan and trade for Wallace...right along with the deal for Rondo above, and have enough salary to make it work. However...that doesn't mean Morey and/or Ainge would agree to those deals.

I think we've got something better in the cooker right now than settling for Rondo and a bad contract.