1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jun 26, 2014.

1. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

Check the section titled 'Summer League Format and Tournament': summer format

They only lost prelim games that just count for seeding. Here's the bracket for the elimination portion: bracket

2. Mr Chuck Norris

And a big lol to the Miami Heat for trading Hariston for Napier because of a tweet.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It doesn't matter how good DMo plays, you're always going to run him down.

Dmo is a good player and plays good D, but you have to realize he doesn't have the ability to play D like Howard.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Little Glen Rice was spectacular, Dmo solid.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

God D-Mo has looked great.

It won't matter if McHale does the same BS and has him standing around the 3PT line, get the man some post touches or else he will look like a scrub just like last year.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

cannon couldnt even crack the 2nd team for taking us to the finals of vegas, thats rough.

biggest disappointment has been covington to me, his defence has gone backwards, doesnt seem to have energy to crash the boards esp when black or dmo was on the bench. i can live with his shot being off because that happens but his hustle and effort was below par for his standards for me

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

DMo is such an intriguing player. Very few players have the post moves and foot quickness at his size - and he can shoot the 3. His problems were strength and most of all the mental aspect - the game just always seemed too fast for him.

I guess he bulked up some. So if he can just get comfortable on the floor he could be a real player for us. Backup 4 and 5, good length to defend the big guys, good floor spacing or post moves, if a lesser defender is on him.

It would be huge for us if it just makes click for him this season.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Covington was never going to be in the Rockets rotation IMO. People way overrated him on Clutchfans.

9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qZP8fPPpT4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

he had accolades last year to back it up, made the dleague all-star, dleague mvp

this was no scott machado is the next cp3 or royce was the next LBJ.

i thought last year he was playing nba rotation level basketball but it seems he has taken a step back.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Covington? I was never high on him so meh.

12. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Covington wasn't supposed to be a star. He was supposed to be a rotational NBA player that would shoot well and defend well. You can't blame people for expecting this based on his performance last year in the D-League which was really good. After watching the SL, he just looks like a D-League scrub. People (myself included) thought that he could contribute off the bench, but now it seems like he can do no good.
    We need a backup SF, gah.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Part of the reason why mchale is a terrible coach. Has a guy who probably has the best post game on the team. Has him run with the second unit, second unit struggles to find offense, does not post dmo.

I didn't understand the logic in that. A lot of times a guy with a post game can help stabalize a team. You'd think a hall of fame pf would understand that.

14. nobie

nobie Member

Honestly that's the strangest part, it just proves, that being great player =/= great coach.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Well said. When we got Howard I was thinking that even McHale couldn't even mess this team up. I was wrong. Out in the first round.

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Canaan has been kickin it in SL> People calling him a scrub ? No I don't get it
    Also noted his comments after the last game, "I need to be a floor leader out there, etc. He's got the attitude to play this man's game...and I believe he's got the Game to go with it !

i will be excited to see his play this year, and I am betting he will shut down the negative nancy's.

Go Rockets ! Win this darn thing !

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

What time is the Championship game tonight ?

8 games in 10 days...they are bustin it so please be easy on the "they are lazy" stuff k ?

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>In the finals! Championship game tomorrow <a href="https://twitter.com/8pm">@8pm</a> CT MT <a href="https://twitter.com/tadbbrown">@tadbbrown</a> Nice W by the boys, Summer Rockets making noise!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OneMore?src=hash">#OneMore</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/491011147407966211">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    ----------------------------------

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>For Houston Rockets <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot">@DonatasMot</a>, what happens in Vegas should not stay in Vegas <a href="http://t.co/UFhkiqTzS7">http://t.co/UFhkiqTzS7</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/491257466709999619">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    I remember when Morey did the same thing to Chandler and we ended up with an over-inflated sense of self-worth...

19. RCPM

RCPM Member

I'm sure the game will be blacked out tonight.....I hate jim crane.

20. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

I don't see this game listed on CSN's schedule, so I'm hopeful that it won't be blacked out on NBA TV.