1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have signed Jeff Adrien

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I...umm.. I'm.. Ahh, **** it.

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Head-to-head, Jeff Adrien vs. Trevor Booker: <a href="http://t.co/rCc1FtZhiB">http://t.co/rCc1FtZhiB</a></p>&mdash; Adi Joseph (@AdiJoseph) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdiJoseph/statuses/489104075850391552">July 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trevor Booker - 2 years 10 million
    Jeff Adrien - 1 year at league minimum

Nearly identical numbers last year.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think Morey's goal is to hire beefy goons that can take out Parsons when we inevitably face them in the 4/5 matchup next season.

5. bball1217

bball1217 Member

This is a steal. Small move, and low-risk. Hard worker who plays good defense/rebounds and can even score some put-backs down low. If he reallyyyyy brings it, I would't mind starting him and let Terrence Jones be our 6th man, big IF obviously. Just surround Harden w/ 4 solid defensive players, worth a shot maybe

6. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Tenacious Rebounder, Good Defender, Efficient around the Rim, Energetic & Tough :cool:

We must also have the Coaches [ON] Defensive Beast Mode !

Nomo wackness! Championships aren't built on "yes u may score if u like..." mentality :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Funny...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

What a steal.

Say what you will about the Rockets' offseason so far, which has admittedly been underwhelming, but they're addressing the weaknesses in big fashion, which is defense and interior toughness.

Ariza, Nick Johnson, Dorsey and Adrien are all quality defenders who bring toughness. All of them, at versatile positions.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess underwhelming only because they are not big, household names but still very useful players.

Undersized players usually play with a chip on their shoulder.

11. autoprt

autoprt Member

is scola available? he is one ex rocket i'd love to have.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We can't acquire him this season, need to wait 1 more year

13. autoprt

autoprt Member

ok i saw an article somewhere about him possibly being included in a trade with hibbert.

14. basketballholic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2-7eT51YJCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

did we draft adrien too?

so we draft them, they move around in the league or overseas. then we sign them again after they have matured. not a bad plan

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

the player I miss is Chuck Hayes. I feel he would be a good locker-room presence for Harden and Howard.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Some people just like to complain.

These guys are possible steals, or camp fodder and doesn't hinder us financially in any way. Morey knows we still have holes to address.

18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Moarie must have watched the 30 for 30 bad boys and fell in love this offseason

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

maybe Morey is going the anti-superstar route for now.

after being spurned by the superstar FAs and the wanna-be superstar Parsons, Morey is trolling the league right now by signing all these undervalued guys.

if he is able to conjure up a team out of these separate parts by the trade deadline, then that's his big FU to all those who rejected the Rockets. if not, trade and repeat

maybe our team will get that overschieving underdog gritty feel again, and we can enjoy cheering for them again

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

and for offense, we still have DMo on the bench unit.

if only our idiot coach will play him on the low post and not at the 3, I'm sure he will help us in scoring. Of course, there's Troy, Nick and hopefully Paps will join the fun.

Starting unit, I'm sure Ariza and TJones will only be too glad to take the shots if Harden is bottled up. Personally I think Ariza can talk Harden around a little to give some more effort on defense.