1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

You see, this is what happens when you hang with scum like cuban and such.

2. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He practically begged Morey to. This guy wasn't going to play another season making $1M.

[​IMG]

3. houactuar

houactuar Member

Chandler is a 3. They were interviewing for a 4. Do you get offended in your job as bathroom attendant when your boss is interviewing for an office janitor? Just trying to put it in terms you will understand.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL I knew something was wrong when he quickly signed that offer sheet by the Mavericks.

5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

I would pursue that fat contract if i were in his shoes too, plain and simple.

The behaviour he has espoused is pathetic. After being a big fan, i see that he is:

1. Delusionsal - thinks he is a better player than Melo, Bosh, and Love - thinks he is a better 3rd superstar than those guys

2. Offensive to me as a fan - seeing that the first chance he got he already signed to another team even when Morey opted out to allow him to get paid now.

I liked you buddy but good riddance.

6. rokit

rokit Member

He would become a 4th option, which means less pts and minutes in his contract year, thats why he was offended. I don't think the players wanted another star, they wanted better bench and role players. James kinda said the same thing.

7. jja620

jja620 Member

Rick Carlisle is not the best coach in the nba...

8. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I don't blame Parson for seeking more money. I would hope he would have confidence in his abilities so I'm not offended by his comments. He felt he should have been considered more highly and the Rockets felt otherwise. Time to move on.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He was only able to seek more money because the Rockets allowed him to.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Parsons doesn't understand cap rules.

Houston was more than willing to pay you anything if we got another max player as well. It was only when we got another max player was when we could sign him. Because obviously a Harden/Howard/Parsons big 3 was not going to cut it.

11. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Agreed but it doesn't change anything at this point.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, other than Parsons into a douchebag. But, he was probably that all along. He's so perfect for Dallas.

1 person likes this.
  13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What more did Chandler want? He had every opportunity to prove that he was a star. He was on the court for 37 minutes a game last year. He wasn't lighting it up when Harden was on the bench and he was the primary wing scorer. Maybe Chandler can get better but he isn't a guy that was being underused or not getting opportunities.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You know Chandler would've been matched and gotten this ludicrous 15+mil/year max? There would have not been any kind of contract year, also barely fewer minutes.

15. Remii

Remii Member

This time last year many clutchfans were saying they wouldn't want Parsons traded unless we were getting a super star player in return. Now many of those same fans are saying Trevor Ariza is better... What a difference a year and a new contract makes. Lol.

16. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

Chandler should keep his mouth shut, but IMO Morey made a mistake by telling 'the world' that we needed to go out and get another star player. This meant that Beverly, Chandler, etc. could not reasonably aspire to be that player. This hurt motivation and caused unnecessary hard feelings. When you work as hard as Beverly & Chandler work, and are as talented, I'm sure it's very hard to hear your boss say that you aren't up to the task... however true that may be. Morey could have taken exactly the same actions he took but EXPLAINED HIMSELF differently by saying that although we highly value every player we have and the potential they have to help the Rockets win, we are always looking at possible ways to get quality players on the team. It was completely unnecessary and harmful to add that "we don't have our third star on the team yet". Maybe you tell Carmelo and Bosh that, but don't say it in a press interview.

Rocsfan

17. CertifiedTroll

Just a feeling, I don't think Parsons will get a max extension after this contract.

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Definitely bulletin board material for morey

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

20. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

ESPN is making a big deal out of this interview.