1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Cleveland has deal in place for Love (Wiggins potentially involved)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Painting_Shade, Jul 9, 2014.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think they'll get Love eventually. But I don't see any rumored offers from other teams that would make me think that Wiggins should be involved. If the Cavs include Wiggins, they are doing a James Dolan. "I want a player, so I'll give everything they ask."

By the way, Bennett looks pretty cool. He dropped like 30 pounds. He looks in shape, he finished the season strong. The Cavs have Waiters, Bennett, Thompson, a bunch of picks. I think they are clear favorites to land Love even if they keep Wiggins.

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Even tho I want the Warriors to get Love, if this deal involves Wiggins its the better deal than the Warriors Klay Thompson. But then T'wolves said they want to win and compete next season, Klay Thompson is more ready.

3. what

what Member

You are under the assumption that the t-wolves care to make any deals. I would not trade Kevin Love at all if I'm going to get lowballed like that. I'm serious. I would not trade Kevin Love at all.

Again, gs tried to lowball and look where it got them.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yes, but you are a brave internet poster, not an NBA GM who thinks about keeping his job.

They'll probably move him, just like Dwight, CP3, Melo, DWill got moved. And they'll take the best offer available. If they get Wiggins, great for them, that would be better than other teams got for their superstars in recent years.

But so far it all looks very familiar. Wolves are getting lowballed.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Longshot but hoping the Cavs keep Wiggins and still get Love. That would be monster. Love has some leverage here too right?

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

T-Wolves took down the K-Love wallpaper today so he's probably out already

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Unless the Cavs are willing to part with Wiggins or Lebron(lol)...zero chance that Love comes to Cleveland...

Minnesota will want Wiggins from Cleveland. And Lebron already has strongly endorsed Wiggins.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao if the rumor i read is true the warriors would have beat the rockets for worst offseason

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs</p>&mdash; Mike Cairns (@MikeCairns5) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeCairns5/statuses/488104572632563712">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

no way GS does that

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think the Cavs strong public denials should put to rest the idea they will trade Wiggins.

While the T-Wolves aren't in the best position, still can't see this 3-way happening without Wiggins' involvement. It appears Flip wants to make some kind of deal so he can move on but he has to patient. The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Eff this Cavs circle-jerk, they just got the best player on Earth! If they want Love, they HAVE to give up Wiggins.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So the Warriors basically trade one dimensional Klay Thompson for Andrew Wiggins?

I'm not buying that. Minnesota should just demand Wiggins for Love straight up.

13. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

err wrong thread

14. MD_in_Training

Demand? Don't think they have any bargaining power when their superstar won't resign with them next year, and they are left empty handed.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They have the bargaining power to bluffing.

Which might not seem like much... Except (1) it's happened very recently where a team just let a player play it out - see Dwight Howard, (2) it's Minnesota management, so who knows, and (3) waiters, bennet, Tristan Thomson and draft picks that will probably not be great.... C'mon, add Kyrie Irving and those guys were still horrible in the East. Not all young talent is created equal. Why are the TWolves so hot for Klay Thomson? Efficient scorer who would be a great fit next to Rubio that actually plays defense. Why are they insisting on Wiggins? Cause again, not all lotto picks are created equal. The Cavs offer is yawn inducing absent Wiggins.

If I'm the TWolves I'd prefer short term veterans that mighty actually be able to make the team competitive than the Cavs offer. No it's not the conventional way teams go about this process but look at what the conventional way has reaped? Jazz, Nuggets, Magic.... Which team did the best? The Nuggets in a deal heavy on actually decent current NBA talent.

I don't know who that team is considering the Love needing to resign consideration. Phoenix would be a great fit... But for the fact that the talent the Suns have to give up is at the point... Which the Wolves dont need.

Rockets don't have enough assets that I can tell. TJones and the Pellies pick is a nice starter but needs more.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Welp.
    Looks like its LeBron's league still.

If this goes down you can kiss everyone's chances at a championship goodbye.

Cavs are stacked. 3 stars and they still have depth. :eek:

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey's wet dream

18. Asian Sensation

Of course they're going to get low-balled. Love made it clear he doesn't want to be in Minnesota. They could lose him or nothing if theyre not too careful and get too greedy.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cleveland Cavaliers now willing to include Wiggins in Kevin Love trade offer <a href="http://t.co/X5I1fpcNaM">http://t.co/X5I1fpcNaM</a></p>&mdash; Bob Finnan (@BobCavsinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobCavsinsider/statuses/489850267249045504">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Minnesota should jump on that in a heartbeat. Flip Saunders played the situation well if ends up with Wiggins at the end of all of this. He's far more valuable than Klay Thompson, and Wiggins will be an exciting player to watch for T-Wolves fans. Thompson is a great shooter, but he's not a building block for a franchise.