1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bring back AB...again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jul 13, 2014.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

anyone else think we're going to bring back Brooks? Or is that bridge somewhat burned?

I'd love to have AB back.

If not AB, what are peoples hopes/expectation for the backup 1 spot? Just Canaan? Nelson?

2. JH13

JH13 Member

Either Nelson or Brooks, Canaan is too young

3. returningfan

returningfan Member

Yeah - would like to see Brooks back.

What is our current roster now?

Who is still on the team from last year? Signed and gonna play.

Garcia - gone - right? Have lost track of who else we lost. Sad.

Asik - no chance he stays?

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

AB is always welcome here. He was better than Lin last season anyway.

And then we can trade him again at the deadline.

5. JH13

JH13 Member

Maybe even Jerryd Bayless or Greivis Vasquez?

6. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Please please please please bring back Brooks. He was better than Lin anyhow.

7. SuperManRocketz

first we got to stop bringing old players back gettin tired of that crap

8. houtown

houtown Member

I really thought he trade last season was unnecessary. I always got the feeling he was going to pay off late in the season and was disappointed to see him go again. But what can you do?

9. Remii

Remii Member

Brooks, the Houston Rockets jersey that never stops giving.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

I really like Greivis, but he resigned with TOR

11. Space City

Space City Member

I don't think any bridges were burned when we traded him. It seemed to me like a favor to Brooks so he could get more playing time.
    I won't consider this summer complete until we sign AB back.

12. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Just some quick info that I don't think I ever shared.

I live in Denver (not a Montana Rocket fan anymore, like my sig says). I ran into AB at a sports bar / bowling alley here called The Punch Bowl Social. His eyes immediately drew downward to my Rockets shirt and I went over to talk to him. My first comment was, "Aaron, I'm a big Rockets fan. Houston misses you, man." His immediate response, no hesitation was, "I don't miss it." Now this was less than a month after the trade, but he was clearly still very bitter about the fact that he took less money to go back to Houston, then got no play time when he was clearly deserving of it. He was a super nice guy, but I could tell he was tired of the shenanigans of constantly getting jerked around by the Rockets. I told him that he was one of my favorite Rockets ever and he did mention how great and passionate our fans are. I also made the drunken move of saying, "I'd much rather have you on the roster than Jeremy."

When he was leaving, and I was a bit tipsy, I shouted at him "Come back to Houston AB!!" He said, "We'll see, my friend. It's never out of the question."

I think what it shows is that we gave him an opportunity last year, he made the absolute most out of it when he played, and still didn't get the play time he deserved when the rotation got healthy. In my opinion he did deserve to play over Lin from a pure "What are you doing for me" standpoint, but he still got the shaft. The reason I think he'd be willing to come back now is because there really is no way to say that he would not be part of the rotation, unless Canaan showed phenomenal progression.

1 person likes this.
  13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I don't see AB coming back, especially after indeed taking less money and not getting playing time when Lin and or Bev were stinking the place up! Reading that story makes me think he's indeed done with us.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

AB deserves to get paid. He's not coming on a vets. I really feel bad for him. Underpaid his whole career.. all because of Manu Ginobili and the lockout season. I'd love to see him get a two year contract with a player option on the second season on the Miami Heat. He's better than Chalmers. Probably better than Cole. He'll stop. They give him a 2 year 8 million contract. Plays well for 4 million. Opts out after averaging 17/6 on 37%+ percent from threes and then gets his last big pay day at the age of 30. Dope.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

He'll start* not stop lol. Plus it gives the Heat flexibility.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We need playmakers badly with Beverley, Harden, Howard and Ariza

Combo guards are not going to do it at this point.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Playmakers please

18. NotChandlerParsons

Yeah, if he's available. He had some great games towards the end of last year and someone might give him more than the min we will. But I'd love to have him back.

19. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Brooks and Ariza wanted to kill each other back in the day.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We treated him poorly. He had final say on the trade but likely wouldn't have signed with us for the vet min if he was gonna be traded a few months later. underrated and undervalued, AB might have been the difference between advancing and not advancing in the playoffs.