1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ride or Die or Hop Off!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaonlyLA, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This times a thousand.

You young ones cant sugar coat stuff and fool some of us who have been a lifetime rockets fans.

Based on the expectation going into this off season and what has transpired so far, it has been one of the most disastrous off-seasons in Rockets history.

The only positive in all this for me personally has been the fact that we off-loaded Lin, but even that cost us some picks. And this was also Morey trying to wash his hands off of the earlier mess (letting Dragic go and signing Lin).

1 person likes this.
  2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Hey CF,

I've honestly been privileged to be a member on one of the best forums for the past 7 years. I just wanted to say thank you and to keep your heads up for the upcoming season. The Houston Rockets are a sanctuary to me, and I love the tradition and the history behind this team that sports the red and gold. I think I've been blessed to even be born and raised in this city.

Today, something unexpected happened. We faced our biggest fear and lost a premier addition in Bosh while also letting Parsons go to a rival team. While at the moment, we think that there's no turning back and we're going to do worse, I challenge you to really examine who we have at the helm. The hardest working GM in the league.

We feel hurt as fans because we emotionally attach ourselves to these names because they give us a glimpse of what a championship team is like, but I have hope that DM really has something up his sleeve. His picture is bigger, cheaper, and most of all, surprising. Our team is in good hands, but things have not fallen in place as we've ideally wanted to.

Morey is not settling. He is going at it. He's finding the new Chandler Parsons. He's crunching numbers and the dividends will do marvels for the Rockets. We have to be patient, and we have take assurance that our team is championship ready.

In the past 7 years, I've seen some of the most dastardly things happen to this team. I've seen injuries, last second losses, player losses, etc, but as fans, this team is a drug. We keep coming back because we've been to the promised land before and we can get there again.

We are competitors. As fans, let's emulate that mentality. Let's not lose hope, but now, cheer for our team even LOUDER.

Morey is not done, and he's going to continue to surprise us; however, losing is not an option.

We are the ****ing Houston Rockets.

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

But did you know The King himself Lebron James held of FA?? Assistant Coaches couldn't find a job cause of the "Indecision" Most Max Guys resigned back to their former teams.. Real GM's value good contracts and diamond in the roughs. Now it's time for DM to earn his keep... it's a good amount of value in FA.. Even Cavs with Lerbon don't guarantee you going to win it all... look at the Heat last year.. let's calm down a bit..

4. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I like Daryl Morey. He's like a knowledgable river boat gambler. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I hope he is here when things turn around to success.

As for my loyalty to the Rockets, well, they are my favorite pro team. When another major sports team in Houston wins two or more championships I'll think about changing my mind.

I remember going to Rockets games at Hofeinz Pavilion, which was the best basketball arena in town then. I saw Calvin Murphy do two handed dunks standing flat foot under the goal. I saw Tomjanovich hit 20 ft bank shots during games. He was good at that. I saw Pistol Pete Maravich, and I saw the great Oscar Robertson play with a center named Lew Alcindor, that was still his name then, for the Milwaukee Bucks. In other words I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. I've been on it too long.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

this.

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

I swear, you dudes with all this Morey will save us stuff need to wake up. He's been here how long? If we were consistently getting out of the first round then I could see your point. Even the western finals or something. He's done nothing.

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Hey, things could be worse. We could be Cleveland. Oh wait...

8. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

We only had Dwight one season and everything is already Doom and Gloom! cause we lost a 3rd fiddle and some overpaid bench players sniff sniff.. :(

9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I'm on the train but quite unsure of our destination. I like DM swinging for the fences but C'mon dude - durant is not coming here.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

One playoff series win since 1997. Which I'm guessing us roughly the year u were born. Enough of "wait till next year". It's tired.

11. Asar9

Asar9 Member

Not really sad about Parsons leaving for the price...imo, a nba player making that salary takes over games and playoff series...if my memory serves me correctly, Parsons was being outplayed by Batum the whole Blazers series...don't get me wrong, Harden could have played a lot better in the series, but that's when the players that have been lost this off-season(Lin, Asik, Parsons) were supposed to take their games to another level...retool with players who can hold their own and won't crack under pressure...

12. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I don't remember the last Rockets GM being any better. Right now, I can't even name the last GM, shows you how much I know. I don't see another GM out there who could do better.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I seriously want to slap the **** out of you.
    You are trolling and you know it.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Is that because they got 2 superstars in 2 summers?

Shame we missed out on Bosh, but that's life - 3 stars in 3 summers would have been unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really hope we load up on a few reliable vets and make a push this year.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nah - he's not trolling.

Ariza was important to the Wizards than Parsons was to us.
    Remember, we had the refs steal a playoff game, and Lin steal another one from us. Should have been 4-1, and none of us would be giving a crap about 'mr invisible' Chandler in the playoffs.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Will the Rockets win the title next year? Probably not. But with Harden/Howard, this team will be in the top 8 overall for the next 4-5 years, and will only get better with each of those passing years. I wanted Chandler to be a part of that growth process, but I'd absolutely sacrifice him at the altar of Chris Bosh 10 times out of 10. Morey's draft mettle will be tested now, because there is probably no star FA who will come riding in to save the day next year, or the year after that. Harden and Howard are it. We have to build a dynasty around them somehow with competent roleplayers. There's still some great Rockets basketball left to be played, and I can't wait to see it.

17. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Carrol Dawson and he had some balls

18. rocketsrule1995

First off we are not the ****ing 76ers we have james harden dwight howard to lead us that right there guarantees a 8 seed at worst. Boo hoo we got played by bosh and cp25 went for big money. Those two led to us trading lin and asik lin for less the we might have gotten at the trade deadline.Last year i was so excited for the team and we lost by heartbreak. I know i lost my **** and then cried manly tears for about a week but then I watched the spurs kill the trailblazers and said this team just need to grow and add defense. So we lost a couple guys but its better than when yao got injured and had to retire, its better than when we were the ninth seed and had the 14 pick over and over. What makes it worse my friends and family are spurs fans and every year i say this is are year. I will continue to say this until the day i die. I was born the year the rockets won the first championship so i was hooked right away. Daryl morey didnt say we tanked he said w aren't ready right now key word is right now he will make something happen or this team will grow. The NBA can disrespect us all they wan't from espn to players but in my time we have never tanked. So go hyperventilate somewhere else . Like op says Ride or die or hop off because i know im not the only one that bleeds rockets red:cool:

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The idea that if you're a fan of a team that you cant be disappointed or think they effeed up without "hopping off" is just dumbass.

I love the stros. McLane effed them up. I love them regardless. Most of u in this forum who cared about them even a little bit in 2005 hopped off.

Being critical of my team doesn't stop me from caring about them. If I didn't care I'd root for someone else. Honestly that would be a lot easier.

20. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Either you with us or against us! Red Nation!