1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Bledsoe a realistic option?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pieman2005, Jul 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He'd be a perfect fit, he's a fantastic all-around player, he's a top defender at the PG position, and he's a very efficient scorer. Plus he's already shown he can play with another ball-dominant player. I think he'd be a complete steal at 15M per (or whatever his current max is).

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wasn't it Bledsoe who locked down Harden this year when we played Suns?

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Gosh man I donno and I'm not even sure my proposed deal is enough to get it done. After the mess of losing all our depth for basically nothing, I'm grasping at straws a bit, but we NEED one more key piece to the rotation. T Jones value is as high as it will ever be in my opinion unless he develops a midrange shot. Low bball IQ and no shot, makes him not fit the system well. I'd be willing to roll the dice on a D-Mo/Covington front court to bring Goran in. He's a perfect fit in my opinion.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't think there's any amount you can give him that would be an over-pay. He's a max quality player and he definitely deserves a max contract.

5. newAge_Rockets

Yes please. A PG rotation of Bledsoe/Beverley is 48 minutes of havoc on the defensive end.

6. gregas

gregas Member

No way Phoenix lets him go, they'll match whatever, and Rockets don't have the assets for a S&T.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We'd have to s&t for Bledsoe, Suns not letting him walk for nothing. Plus it would help us give him the max instead of having to find trades for Motiejunas, Jones, Canaan to clear space etc.

Do it Morey, go balls out for Bledsoe, why not.

Trade Jones, Canaan, Rights to Capela & Johnson, Pelicans 2015 first, Rockets 2017 first and rights and rights to any oversea player they want for Bledsoe signed to the max. Hopefully they would bite.

Then sign Humphries with MLE, Daniels with BAE, Garcia and Hollins with veteran minimums.

Bledsoe/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza/Garcia
    Humphries/Motiejunas
    Howard/Hollins

Its worth a try

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tucker.

9. Bigdaddy210121

Just my opinion but offer Bledsoe the max in a s&t, see if Ryan Anderson, or Scola, (can't hit 3s but long 2s) is open for trade. Pick up a vet like Oakfor, resign Daniels. Tell Howard and Harden that you are the best player at your position. Go prove it.

10. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's way too much IMO. Phoneix are stacked with PG's so they may not have that much leverage.

I'd do Jones, Canaan, rights to Capela and Rockets 2017 first.

I'd liek to keep Johnson and the Pelicans 2015 first

12. James88

James88 Member

He's one of the least realistic options this summer.

13. gregas

gregas Member

So what? Dragic/Bledsoe paring is the core of their success, they'd sooner drop all the other guards on their roster than one of those two, a least if they're not getting all star level talent back.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We're not in the driver seat.

Jones is nice, they have the Morris twins though
    Pelicans pick is nice
    Capela is a late first round prospect
    Canaan might be out of the league in a few year for all we know
    Our 2017 pick is 3 drafts away and will be late, hardly valuable
    Euro stashes aren't likely to come over

That offer isn't even that great, if the send us a 24 year old all star caliber PG for it, we would be insanely lucky.

15. fattz

fattz Member

He may not be worth the max but he is a next generation star in the NBA. That said he fills a need for us now. They have other players that fill needs as well. We have a blue trade chip in Harden. Now that Parsons is gone there is no one to keep the other team defense honest. Harden plays hero ball thus Harden's value will drop by season's end. He may have some TV ads but that will not help on the court. (Keep in your mind the Howard's contract is up in 2 years PLUS he left money on the table to come to Houston.) I say trade Harden to Suns fill in the missing peices and make a run. The team will not look the same or be as fun to watch but come play-offs we will be hard to beat 4 times out 7.

Harden
    ..for...
    Bledsoe, kieff Morris, Plumlee & some picks

3 solid players (fit our system now with Howard) with upside (post Howard) and picks (post Howard)
    ...for...
    a player (all star) that has run his course with us (Harden needs scorers around him to be at his best and the scorers are gone).