1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, now, we are going for cap flexibility in the future.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 13, 2014.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not here to try to say this offseason was a success.

I do think going for a big name was the right move. But it failed miserably.

But I put it in another thread, figured I would put it here as well.

It appears we are going to still have a trade exception to use plus our MLE and other smaller exceptions.

The pick we traded away should be worse than the one we got.

Going from Parsons to Ariza is a near lateral move.

For what we asked of Lin I feel semi confident that Daniels and Johnson can make up for his production.

Asik I view as our biggest loss. But we have to remember he missed a ton of time during the season. We can still sign a big body to a 1 year deal to at the very least offset some of what he did give us.

We didn't take a step forward like I hoped, but by the time e season starts I feel like what we will be working with won't be much of a step back.

Not what we wanted, but not the end of the world. I think Moreys job could be riding on this next season and the following offseason. Fail to swing a big trade during the season or land a big difference maker next year and he probably has to go. Think he is a great GM, but it would be time for a new start elsewhere.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You're buying into the propaganda. They only spend if it's $$$ coming back (see D12 superstar returns and Lin's good-for-business contracts). Of course, many owners would spend if it guarantees a championship, but even Miami's got cheap after back-to-back titles. Les and Morey don't spend money unless it's on superstars. Until I see differently, the Rockets goals are:
    1) Win a chip and make money
    2) Make money
    3) Win games

If it's sacrificing winning to save money, then they're ok with that and justify by saying it's not the best way to win a chip. Damn, people, only 1 team wins the chip each year. It's never a guarantee. I get annoyed by Cuban too, but he's shown the willingness to be analytical and spend money. The Spurs were way over the cap 2 years ago. I just can't give this Rockets organization the benefit of the doubt anymore. Nor can I give them anymore money through merchandise or ticket purchases until I see a commitment to spending money on the team. This is a team that's been past the 1st round once since 1995. This organization doesn't get the leeway that the Spurs do.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody can blame you. For a team that has won 1 playoff series the last 17 years, we have GREAT fans. You won't see such a big following behind teams like the buckets..etc.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

fixed (autocorrect)

5. everyday eddie

and Asik and Parsons end up on division rivals, what a disaster:mad:

BamBam likes this.
  6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I know, I wanted to post something positive.

7. TheresTheDagger

Can anybody tell me when the last championship team "cap flexibility" won?

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Miami.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The Spurs but we don't have Pop....we have Kevin "stop, score,stop,score" Mchale.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

If you're wary of Morey's ability to seal the deal, I can see that. But crying over a group of players who = a humbling first round exit against the Blazers (have we already forgotten?) over a shot at something much more significant? Give me a break.