1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Cleveland has deal in place for Love (Wiggins potentially involved)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Painting_Shade, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If THIS is all it took to land Kevin Love, the Rockets can send "multiple picks" to GSW and more to get this deal done, no? I mean, WTF?

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me either but I imagine IF this is true, the Warriors aren't looking forward to paying Klay a max deal. Kind of like if we could have had Rondo for Chandler Parsons but now he may walk for nothing:(?

3. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I hope the Cavs don't just jump the gun. There are question marks surrounding Love, such as his defense first and foremost. But I'd really like to see how Wiggins can pair up with LeBron.

That could be a more potent, versatile duo. I hope Cleveland really thinks this through.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Flip is holding this up? Why?

How is it the Warriors wouldn't trade Klay for Love straight up yet they would trade him for draft picks?

If the Cavs pull this off, they clearly go straight to the head of the class in the EC. Would be amazing for them.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i just don't see how the twolves have any leverage. its basically known love is gone after this year...i guess they could wait and hope some team at the deadline offers more to get that piece to put em over the top?

IDK...but if cavs can swing this without giving up wiggins...favs in EC you gotta think.

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

The longer the Wolves wait the less leverage they'll have if they want to get anything back.

I just dont see how this deal would make any sense for the GSW so I don't think its legit even close to happening.

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

What leverage do they need, there should be about 10 teams trying to get them. The Wolves can choose whoever offers the most.

8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Wait so this trade doesn't even involve Wiggins? WTF?

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

So Cavs give up Tristan and Picks for Love? If we weren't GSW "rival," we would easily trump that. Doubt they want to help us though.

10. Progs

Progs Member

Hearing GSW could get Wiggins.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now it makes sense.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm calling BS. There may be discussions, but not in the form mentioned.

Makes no sense that Warriors would rather have picks than Love.
    Makes no sense that Wovles would participate in a trade to send Wiggins to GSW when they want him and can get him.
    Makes no sense that Wolves are much higher on Thompson/Thompson than Barnes/Thompson.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Utter nonsense.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hindsight and all but man if Rockets had Parsons under contract they could really be all in this deal now trying to come away with any of these players.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So
    Warriors get Wiggins (and some cap space)
    Wolves get Klay + picks for a departing KLove (who's leaving anyway)
    Cavs get Love (assuming he will sign an extension)

Sounds like the trade make sense for all parties, given their own circumstances.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Comments in bold.

17. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Didn't know Klay was so desired amongst the league. Don't think he's all that, but if he can net you Wiggins kudos to the Warriors.

18. what

what Member

The operative phrase is the "CAVS are working on a deal."

There is no way that, if I am the t-wolves, that I get bullied like this. The cavs either give me wiggins are stop taking to me. Period.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1) Warriors aren't getting Wiggins in this deal.
    2) Klay and Tristan might not do it faster than Wiggins. Regardless, no one, not even the worst GM in this history of the NBA would take two regular dudes over the most promising prospect in the country. You can be forgiven if Wiggins turns out to be a bust. You can't be forgiven if you decline this trade and he turns out to be a star.
    3) I meant Tristan/Klay is not necessarily better than Barnes/Klay.

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Also, we've heard reports from a lot of outlets saying Wiggins' agent has been told he won't be traded.

Seems to be just non sense. Perhaps the source told him a 3-team was in the works, and the reported decided to make some ish up about the players involved.