1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

short end of the scheduling stick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamcracker, Nov 30, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh...and I found someone on another UBB board with your line as their signature.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No.

But damn, that gives me an idea... lol. [​IMG]

------------------
    --------------
    Did you know?
    Derrick Chievous sucked.
    It's true.

-- from the ClutchCity.net "Did You Know" sidebar

3. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

I've been outfoxed at Phish trivia by heypartner (of all people).

The "Tom" heyp is referring to is Tom Marshall, a lyricist that works with Trey all the time. (Sorta like Hunter for Garcia)

*sheepishly* I just checked my "picture of nectar" cd that gives Trey credit for "words/music" on Mango. Who knew he got the idea from Tom Marshall? */sheepishly*

4. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

OK, Mango you tell me. What was my point?

My point is that it sucked to have to play Por and Sac on the front-end of a back-back whereas Pho and SA got to play them on the back-end. That does suck right? Wouldn't you rather have played them on the 2nd night? Wouldn't you rather play at home than away?

So you say " If the Rockets need to catch the good teams on the second part of a back-to-back to win, .......it doesn't say much for the Rockets ability or confidence." , which was a stupid thing to say.

Its funny you said "My records indicate ...", as if you've been maintaing database of statistics yourself. What makes those records you're referring to your records?

Teams are more likely to lose on the 2nd night of back-back road games. Therefore, its good to play teams on the 2nd night, because we have a better chance to win.

Your hands and feet are Mangoes, you're gonna be a genius anywaaaaaaay

5. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

speaking of "strength of schedule"...

*ahem* 76ers *ahem*

14-3 ; 1-2 vs the West (lost to SA and Den, beat Min)

Its easy to go 10-0 playing in the east.

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

jamcracker,

So Utah had a tough game tonite. What are the Rockets chances Saturday night?

Mango

------------------
    Lets get the Mo Go working!
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

7. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

damn - what did we ever do to you guys?! [​IMG]

hey, maybe we can be rivals or something. we dont have any and it would be kinda cool to finally have one.

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

8. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

I'm being attacked on all fronts! [​IMG]

Mango - I hope Utah is tired from travelling. I hope Stockton and Malone can sleep soundly tonight on their hard, feculent motel pillows. I'll take any advantage we can get.

Maybe we're getting the "long" end of the scheduling stick now. A couple of East teams, getting to play Utah on the back end of their back-to-back. OTOH, we've got 4 back-to-backs ourselves this month, more than any other month. *wah* *wah* I'll whine about anything that I perceive as possibly hurting the Rockets.

I hope we beat the cheating Jazz. I don't care if we do need schedule help. [​IMG]

nugzfan - The nugz are 1.5 games ahead of us in the standings. I guess I spoke too soon. I wish the Nugz did suck, and we had less competition for playoff spots.

9. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

anybody recognize that?

want some more context?

10. Steve_Francis_rules

I just started reading this and didn't look at the date. It was really strange seeing stuff like, we've only played the Lakers twice. When I got to the part with us being 9-7, I thought some people had been out of it for a while. I thought i was losing my mind [​IMG]

------------------