1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato & Collier Back Saturday? Hakeem Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

According to the Chron, the rest and treatment Cato got on his ankle have helped and he was back in uniform on Thursday but the Rockets are bringing him back slowly. Look for a possible return to action Saturday.

Jason Collier is ahead of schedule in his return and may be activated from the injured list on Saturday. His conditioning is off due to the lack of workouts because of the injury but that will come with practice.

Hakeem, on the other hand, rushed his recovery and had a set back that will put him on the shelf AT LEAST a week possibly more.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

JC!!! JC!!!

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 05, 2001).]

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Wait a minute! were are these guys going to find minutes.

I'm a big believer in a team using no more than a 8-9 man rotation. There must be some consitency in minutes given to a certain group of players. Thats how we won are two championships and right now it seems to be paying off for Anderson, Thomas, and Taylor. Whos minutes are going to be cut once Collier and Cato come back. And what about Hakeem?

Seems to me Rudy has a problem here. Maybe he can try to squeeze Cato in, taking away some of Bullards minutes.

Collier needs to ride the pine, unless an emergency calls.

------------------

4. RENDIGGLER3:20

Good news Jeff!

Hey,I went to the game tonight versus the Pistons and I was sitting behind the goal on the end where the Rockets sat and I noticed that both Collier and Cato dont even pay attention to the game!They were both looking into the crowd and at the fans alot.I mean I made eye contact with Cato like 4 times!!!

If the coaches noticed that would they get into trouble or do players on the bench always do that?

Now for my 1st live game since we had Mobley and Dickerson as are starting back court.

Mo gets slapped in the face every play!!!

Calvin Murphy is smiling and laughing at all times!

Cato isnt 7foot!!!

Clutch The Bear shouldnt be able to mess with people while the game is going on!

The seats behind the goal need more than an inch of space between them!!!!!!!!!!

They need to have ushers to take out people who yell at the top of their lungs comments such as"Come on you cant hold Stackhouse and he sucks"over and over and over and over and over!

I would give the night a 9 out of 10.The seats behind the goal were very uncomfortable and you have no elbow room what so ever.

Other than that the Rockets game was well worth the $112!I am going to start going more often but probably in the cheap seats.Not that the cheap seats are bad,it isnt like your at an Astro game in the nose bleed section,the cheap seats in the Compaq Center are not that bad at all.

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

5. DJ

DJ Member

There would not be problem finding Kelvin Cato and Jason Collier minutes because we have been starting a power forward at the center. Both Collier and Cato are centers so they can split the 48 minutes at the center position. Carlos Rogers might also get some minutes at the center position, as well. Carlos Rogers is so versatile it would not be difficult finding him minutes because he plays three positions. With Olajuwon out, expect Cato to start at center and he will excell. Here is how I think Rudy Tomjanovich will share out the front court minutes with Cato and Collier back:

CENTER-Cato 30, Collier 15, Rogers 3
    POWER FORWARD-Taylor 35, Thomas 12, Rogers 1
    SMALL FORWARD-Williams 25, Rogers 10, Anderson 8, Bullard 3, Thomas 2

------------------

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If Williams gets 25 mpg and Anderson only gets 8, KT only gets 17 and Rogers only gets 11, I will be one pissed off Rockets fan!

While Rogers isn't quite the "renowned" shooter Williams is(HA!), he hustles 5 times harder and is much more active than the Wiz. I'd much rather see Los get 25mpg and Wiz get 11.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

7. silent j

silent j Member

I think we saw the real value of Rogers when he followed up a 22/10 game with 15 minutes and no significant contribution. I've always loved the guy, but he is never going to distinguish himself as a consistant rotation guy.
    I think we'll see Shandon replace Williams in the starting lineup against the Jazz because Russell is only 6-7 and Anderson practiced against him every day for 3 years. I'd like to see Williams develope one of those undetectable lower back strains and go to the I/L to make room for Collier.
    j

------------------

8. silent j

silent j Member

Rindiggler-
    I sat behind the goal for a game during the infamous 50 game Pippen season, and I agree the seats are way too small, close together, and just generally uncomfortable for $100+ a seat. But wasn't it cool being that close to the action (and not to mention the Rocket Dancers). Basketball only looks physical in the paint on TV. In person, it's plain nasty.
    j

------------------