1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

a trade exception, let's say we come to terms with deng, if lebron hasn't signed, cleveland would likely take even a 2nd rounder for deng since they're just waiving the rights anyway.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Honestly... just do it... Take Lin too.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That would help bolster the bench. So, I could see Morey seriously considering this.

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

5. dje243

dje243 Member

Ultimately the Rockets still sit in the drivers seat. They always have the "we'll just match and take a full 3 days to do it" trump card. Why would the mavs realistically want to do a sign and trade and make Parsons an unrestricted free agent next year when they can go ahead and lock him up now? The only reason they're going this route is because they know LBJ is headed to CLE and they know we'll be matching if we get Bosh. The only reasons Morey "negotiates" is to do his due diligence and explore all possible scenarios, and to stall.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why on earth would we let them have Parsons for free? When we could possibly get back Marion (S&T) and maybe there 2015 first round pick or something like that.

7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The dude behind him is wearing a Daryl Morey shirt. Akward.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey will deal with anyone if it means getting the better end of a deal.

Scola and San Antonio.

Gasol and Lakers

9. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

O good.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

really we need Bosh to give his commitment soon so Morey has all the power against the Mavs

11. jjc1

jjc1 Member

If Parson's cap is only count as $7M in a sign & trade with Dallas then can we throw Lin in the deal? My understanding is Lin and Parson together will count $15M of cap space and Dallas has that much in cap space. They need a point guard anyways and we don't need to give away a 1st rd pick to get rid of Lin.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Parsons was always going to sign with someone else who gave him an offer so I'm not sure anyone should be surprised at that aspect. The money is absolutely crazy but Morey still has this thing lined up the way he wants if Bosh signs.

13. BeardlyBeardman

Maybe he knows that all the dominoes for Lebron/Bosh are going to happen and we will then match, so this is his only hope of actually getting CP3 now. I'd say he might be begging us ...

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fine by me if that means saving us from signing Parsons to a god awful contract and surrounding Bosh and Howard with better values.

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

if we are gonna sign and trade Parsons, why not do it to the WOlves for Love?

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

How does that work when you have a RFA? Same as normal, that 50% of his salary counts towards the exception? If so, that doesn't work since Deng wants more. Also, Bosh signing here means LeBron signs in Cleveland which means they would've renounced Deng's rights first to create the capspace.

While this is just off the top of my head so I may be missing something, but looks to me like it can't happen. Although I would certainly be for it. Parsons for Deng, given we're a win-now team, makes sense. I don't like Deng's long term future, but the idea of Deng/Bosh/Howard/Beverley quartet on D makes me drool.

18. King901

King901 Member

Chris paul is on the market?

19. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

We're trading Asik to NOLA. Those concerns are secondary at most.

What's interesting to me is that almost no one thinks Parsons is worth that contract, yet Dallas wants to give us additional assets to make sure they get him? Mavs seem pretty desperate here so hopefully Morey can stick it to them.

20. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Interesting to see Donnie saying he can help us out...and we can both win.

Real interesting