1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo,should he stay or should he go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOOP-T, Jan 5, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I say he stays.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He stays
    He has shown his skills the last few weeks. Beyond that, I think he is a really good guy. He fits into that Shandon Andreson mold, and those are the type of role players you need to win. Ive been to every home game since December 21st--unfortunately the only one we won was last night-- and Mo always looks like he's the hardest working guy out there on the court.

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I say he should stay...but just for a year or two. A month out of one season shouldnt automatically give him the max...if he keeps it up this year, give him another year or two to see if he is worth the max.

------------------

4. DJ

DJ Member

Maurice Taylor should stay. Taylor is a good scorer, he is athletic and a good rebounder. Taylor is a solid power forward and his game compliments the guards style of play.

------------------

5. Summer Song Giver

DJ you're going a little overboard calling him a good rebounder I'd say poor rebounder with the size and athleticism to be a good rebounder.I do think he is a decent defender,he is the only Rocket's big man willing to take a charge except maybe KT.No questioning he has the offensive game though.
    I say he stays also but not for the Max.

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I think we should keep him, unless of course we get a shot at CWebb.

------------------

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

GO. I do not care how much talent he has or how much potential he has, he still has no HEART. How can he allow the point guard on the team to out rebound him? You guys that want him to stay are going to complain when we sign him to a 6 year $42,000,000. He is not the answer. I don't even think he would make a good back up because it seems to me that he does not care if we win or lose. I am affraid he will sign the contract and not care. We can not afford another Cato.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

He should stay, but only until we find someone better or he shows himself to be worthy. His performances of the last few games have been pretty good, but will he continue to get better or will he become another Walt?

How this question is answered should determine how long or even if he stays.

I hope CD and RT learned their lesson with Cato and don't reward him with a huge contract till he shows that he can play good enough to justify it.

------------------
    President of the CC.Net Thread-Killers.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually Mo is a good rebounder. He's averaging 9 rebounds a game for a month now, that isn't a hot streak. Mo definitely is worth keeping, I agree it would be nice to trade he and Cato's contract, Mo is worth 6 to 7 million a year in my opinion, no less then 5.5.

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Atleast take a shot at Webber. If he declines then go to Mo.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

11. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

if he goes there will be trouble.
    if he stays there will be double.

------------------
    We're going to stay together until something happens, if something happens. - Sidney Lowe on Shareef's career in Vancouver.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Depends on who the Rocks draft on how hard they go after MoMoney. MoMoney will sign with the highest offer, make no mistake about that.

I will be very surprised to see MoMoney in Rockets' uni next season.

------------------

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Stay, but only if the Rockets can sign him to a Pollyanna-like contract.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

14. VMaxwell

VMaxwell New Member

Mo should stay in a Rockets uniform, but only if they have no shot at getting C Web. Mo has a nice shooting touch but the guy just cannot rebound. It's almost as if he is allergic to the paint (offensively and defensively). And if we do keep him, it definitely should not be for a huge contract.

------------------
    Get me on the court and I'm trouble, last week (funked) around and got a triple double

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

hey crisco... I brought something for you.

..|.
    |**|/
    |**/
    |*'
    |*'
    |*'
    |*|___________
    ________o_____

------------------
    We're going to stay together until something happens, if something happens. - Sidney Lowe on Shareef's career in Vancouver.

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited January 05, 2001).]

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This, IMO, is similar to the Cato issue but with a wrinkle. With Cato, the Rockets paid for potential. With Mo, the Rockets would be paying for a solid player who can score in bunches. No, he cannot rebound well, but he has been better.

With Mo, even if you don't like him, there is ZERO chance Webb ends up in Houston so what does that leave you with? I would prefer we keep Taylor and work with him because he is really our best option at this point. Trades are easier to make when you actually have players for bait and Taylor and Cato each could eventually make bait if they don't pan out.

It is easier to trade a big man for things you need than a small guy for a big man. That is the reality of the NBA.

At this point, I like Mo T, but I'll reserve judgement until April when we've seen basically a whole season.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

17. Summer Song Giver

No questioning he has skills,but has he been what we expected?Has he shone the type of fire we had hoped he'd gain by leaving the red and white behind?

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

18. Digaida

Digaida Member

Should stay, not for max. He has shown his potential, he's been playing in it...been playing big...I wouldn't mind keeping him along for the ride, grab a big 3 in the draft or a stud center.

Stay....my vote

------------------

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If he keeps playing like he has over the past few weeks, I'd say he's worth keeping, but not for the max. IMO, we're probably looking at a Cato type of contract.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

20. Live

Live Member

I wish we could substitute Mo for Cato, contract-wise.

I'm still not a Mo fan or supporter, but with his J and ball-handling/passing skills, he could be a good fit for the Rockets and should be resigned, as long as it's not for the MAX.

Top off-season priorities:

1. Signing Mo and Shandon
    2. Dream: Re-sign or not?
    3. MOVE CATO, MOVE CATO, MOVE CATO,....
    4. Draft best available player, hopefully a SF.

------------------
    "ON-BEE-TAH-BULL!!", Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, alumnus, University of Houston