1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland gaining steam in the LeBron James hunt?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You don't think vets would line up to play with that team? Heat were just that good because they got to sign ring chasing vets for cheap, would be the same with Cleveland.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope, I don't subscribe to that theory at all.

I subscribe to the theory that Dan Gilbert is a buffoon and that the Cavaliers will be hamstrung by his existence. Lebron was smart to leave the Cavs and go to Miami because the administration in Cleveland was terrible.

The likelihood that Cleveland blows the roster assembly part of building a team around Lebron is pretty high.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What ring chasing vets did the Heat get for cheap?

Ray Allen was it. The rest were garbage players that found small niches on a team where nobody was going to put any effort into stopping them.

When 2 parts of the Big 3 didn't play well, the Heat got taken out back behind the woodshed and spanked bloody.

4. cold pizza

cold pizza Member

I think if Lebron to Cleveland is really gaining steam, he must be sold on what the cavs plan on doing after he signs.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who then, exactly?

Amare Stoudemire?

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don't see James leaving Miami when he has pat Riley running the show. Riley has proven he can build a championship " winning" team. James knows this and will get $$$ to stay.
    The two sides need to finalize the terms and get this drama over.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is what I was thinking . . . . .
    There seems to be no team in the east that become instant champions with LeBron
    unless he brings another star with him
    Even Him and Melo in Cleveland doesn't seems all world

Rocket River

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Pat Riley didn't build ****, Dwyane Wade did.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Miami is a vibrant, international city.... Cleveland is some outskirt of a city. Sorry to say.

You'd seen the role players Lebron had in his 5-6 years in Cleveland before.

If you compare cities: It's top tier: LA, NY then Chicago Middle tier:Boston, Houston, Toronto....Detroit .... SA, Oklahoma Last tier: Minny then somewhere Cleveland

This is if Wiggins amount to something and Irving can find his D.

No. Miami is Miami (Florida no or low tax?) and Cleveland (Ohio) is Cleveland.

10. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Lol at Detroit being better than Cleveland as a city

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I just got the joke, Cleveland gaining steam. Ha!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron will regret going back to Cleveland, mark these words

I hope I am wrong but I do not have a good feeling, well in the end it is all false hype

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

usually they attract better role players. You all get the drift

14. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

This would be a double whammy for me - lifelong Rockets fan in Ohio w/ homer sympathies for the Cavs.

Dream!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol wouldn't you want James in Houston then?:p

16. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I've been torn. Part of me knew James to Cleveland would precipitate Bosh to Houston (or Dallas).

Rockets fan since I was 7 and over 2 decades later I've yet to see more than a handful of people wearing anything Houston Rockets related.

Truth be told, I don't want all the BS that comes with LBJ jumping ship to yet another contender.

-All the bandwagon fans
    -Brown-nosing ESPN articles

since 2010 I've seen Cavs #23 jerseys being replaced by Heat #6 and being surrounded by these pseudo-fans is annoying come the NBA season and unbearable come playoffs.

and for every annoying bandwagon fan you're gonna have 5 skeptics saying "we bought it" , "LBJ is just a mercenary looking for easy rings" , "put an asterix by your title"

Best analogy I can come up with:

It's like having a friend get dumped by a girl he really likes and 4 years later have the same girl date an even closer friend of yours. Just doesn't feel right?

The Cavs and LeBron were a great couple. I enjoyed seeing them together. It was a story book relationship. Local kid from Akron, known throughout Ohio from age 15. I remember when my friends and I were in High School we'd go the Schottenstein Center during the OHSAA (Ohio High School Athletic Association) tournament just to watch LeBron - another high school kid just 1 year older than us playing against many of the same schools we play against. Then home-wrecker Wade stepped in...

17. jose

jose Member

Truly spoken like someone who's never been there.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

22 years old and hasn't found his D yet, damn. No groupie love.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can understand. Lebron is such a phenomenon. Such a talent. Such an alright person.

He did not go all superstar, stayed humble enough as a young superstar IMO. He deserves chasing for rings IMO.
    The city gave him alot and he gave back.

It did not end well with the Decision on TV and Gilbert.
    Sorry but IMO he should return to Cleveland when he is 33, when he has won 3 or more championships and his heart is satisfied and time to retire there.

This is how I feel

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Blah blah blah. Heat fans got to enjoy 4 years of greatness and 2 extra titles. I want to enjoy that.