1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. naesoon

naesoon Member

Haha, for those complaining about Lin for "whining and b****ing" and that he needs to grow up, sounds like a bunch of....whiners and babies to me.

2. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is truly comical is that Lin professes to be a true Christian who is above this type of behavior.

"I am not bothered by this disrespect, because I love everybody as all Christians do........but I have a right to stand up for myself when I am disrespected!"

Hypocrite.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

He is a human being after all...;)

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Morey's people skills with the "lesser thans" is deplorable. But, Lin comes off like a phony/flake using the bible to whine about something so petty. Obviously, people have used the bible for much worse.

Not a bad a guy, but needs to be traded soon. :/ Wish him well.

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This article feels like a communist propaganda from Rockets.

6. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Calls situation overblown... makes another article about it...

7. rocketblood713

He needs to go already the sooner the better

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm free to second-guess his intentions, though you don't have to agree. ;)

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yessir.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, this is still a thing?

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You do realize that the quote ends "do not withhold your shirt from them". Clutch on the radio yesterday said something along the lines of "this is hardly the biggest disrespect recently when you consider all the trade talk last year" etc.

So rather than fake, perhaps he saw it as just incredibly apropos. And funny.

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol okay... but he's been posting biblical verses ever since he got a Twitter. So even back then he was doing a PR move. I see now. Thanks.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

See some people just don't get the point. They don't see the difference. This is why I said there are ignorant people out there. It is the same ignorant that created racism and disrespectability. Odom is not even with the Lakers ...why would you even bring it up. Henry is not being traded.

14. Razsan

Razsan Member

And that my friends...says it all.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Waiting for Lin to drop another proverb or the golden rule or lyrics from the sound of music when he leaves

16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Clutch is right. It is overblown. But that doesn't mean it is not wrong.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This isn't about who owned the jersey. It's about being respectful and being a classy organization and Rockets clearly did not show that and then try to cover it up by stating it's a standard practice. It's a standard practice if someone you employed has been traded...sure. Did Beverley get traded? No! It's a standard if you inform the person who is still working for you that you're using their # out of respect...but they did not. The fact that they ignore their employee shows they lack respect...so wahtever standard they're practicing, it's pretty classless.

18. Lando19

Lando19 Member

Nobody respects lin.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the Lin part is overblown, but there is no denying that it doesn't give the rockets a positive image in the eyes of other FAs. Nobody wants to come to a team that treats their players like crap (I'm not just talking about this, the rockets have a long history of a lack of class when dealing with coaches/players in the past).

20. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

How hard is it to say a few nice words, by EVERYONE???:rolleyes:

Good luck Jeremy Lin. Things didn't work out the way all of us wanted, but hey, we know you tried hard. And we, the team of Rockets, have to move on.

There. Not all people are bitter around here;)