1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Universal Studios in Orlando

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chocolatebear, Jun 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. chocolatebear

chocolatebear Member

Planning on going to Universal Studios in Orlando.

Wondering if anyone could recommend specific hotels to stay at (and stay away from)?

Does anyone know of any deals?

Thanks

2. Nero

Nero Member

Always stay in one of the resorts on site. I have stayed at the South Pacific one twice, and it was great both times.

Your room key doubles as the 'go to the front of the line' pass, and I would NEVER go to any amusement park again without that kind of thing. It's too hot and humid to stand in lines for hours, not to mention how much money you spend on such a vacation to be wasting time standing in lines.

If you stay in the resort there, there is constant transportation to both parks and the 'City Walk' place filled with restaurants, shopping, music, and even a big movie theater, and probably still a live Blue Man Group show..

Plus you get to go into the parks early before they open, so you will actually get to go into the Harry Potter places, which are awesome.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The new Harry Potter Diagon Alley opens July 8th so hopefully you get to catch that, I am doing Disney and Universal in the middle of November the week before Thanksgiving so Im hoping to go to it

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Self parking at Universal Studios is insane.

Find a hotel that supplies transportation to the park and back.

5. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Stay at one of the deluxe on-site hotels.
    You will get FREE express pass with your tickets which was stated earlier (LIFE SAVER).

The cabana resort does NOT come with the express pass.

Also if you want to eat at the new "Leaky Cauldron" restaurant in Diagon Alley you will need to purchase the Harry Potter package which is a 4 night stay.

I have stayed at the hard Rock - Awesome

Going back on Nov 12 and staying at the Polynesian resort this time - Have a 2 year old with me.

Universal Park kicks Disneys ass on rides and activities unless you are 7 years old and very short....lol

Here is the best place to find out about all of your options and activities: http://forums.orlandoinformer.com/

#5 DUCK2324, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  6. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

We just got back from Universal on Sunday, as others have said, stay at one of the universal hotels. YOu will get an express pass, we didn't stand in line for any ride (besides the new Harry Potter ride, no express pass on this ride) more than 15 minutes. It was great!! We stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Second that! We went to Disney and Universal last year and I liked Universal by far. HP and the Forbidden Journey was probably the single greatest thrill ride I've experienced.

But I do think it's about time to replace the T2 attraction. Man that was dated. At least modernize it or something! And Twister...jeez Twister was pretty bad.

We didn't stay on site, but did buy an express pass which was a lifesaver. Next time though we're staying at a Universal resort for sure.

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Went there last week and self parked since we stayed at Disney, wasnt that bad actually for one day. Think it cost $17 or $22 for little bit closer.

9. HPD

HPD Member

Went last yr no probs...