1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want LeBron here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jun 18, 2014.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I'm not a big Lebron fan, the decision was the worst public relations move in recent sports history, I'll never pull for Lebron if he is on some other team, but there isn't a better player you could add either. Who wouldn't want to watch Lebron play with Harden and Howard every night? And you want to talk about putting the pressure to get Rockets games on every TV provider? I don't think it could get any higher. I'd rather drastically increase the chances of winning championships because we added the best player in the game than lose them because someone else does. Any super star free agent that joins the Rockets has the exact same motivation that people seem to be holding against Lebron. They want to come to a team that has a better chance to win it all than the team they are on.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

To me there's nothing entertaining about that. It has nothing to do with not liking Lebron (I was rooting for the Heat in the Finals). Similarly, I wouldn't be that interested in watching the Rockets play the Vipers either.

3. Mr. Space City

seems like some people hate lebron more than they love their team

an actual rockets fan would want lebron because he makes the team better and turns them into a real contender.

[​IMG]

why wouldn't i want someone that will make our dreams of a championship even more attainble.

and do't talk to me about "winning the right way" either. harden and dwight weren't drafted by the rockets so that integrity went out the window a while ago.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I think this will get warmer and warmed as we approach July.

If he's serious, James and Dwight are the better wingmen in the L than he can get elsewhere. Plus, they're 28 & 24 years old. This team will legitimtaely run for long, not D-Wade 2 years and out or Bosh who has regressed.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

why do they look so sad in this picture?

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Look, differences aside I think most of us are true Rockets fans (trolls are usually pretty obvious). I think it's perfectly fine to dislike certain players and not want them here..this doesn't make us any less of a fan. It's not like Morey is making decisions based on our personal opinions anyway. I would prefer to win with Melo or Love, etc. others would prefer Lebron to come..come July, I'll live with either result and be waiting for our championship presentation next June! :)

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hold up... Why can't the Rockets get good role players if they have LBJ?

8. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

no cap room after signing him. same situation that we'd be in if we signed Melo/Bosh/Dirk/etc.

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yep, but luckily we have several young players (including hopefully Terrance Jones) that we could retain like Caanan, Daniels, and Covington that have potential. Plus still have the ability to add Vet minimum guys who might look to jump onto the clear title favorite if James came to Houston.

And the Rockets would have the possibility of S&T Chandler Parsons for those fill out pieces or trading him later in the year to fill those holes. One interesting option midseason could be a trade of Parsons and Jones for Millsap and DeMarre Carroll. Both would be on expiring deals and perhaps the Hawks would want to get Parsons and Jones on extended deals, rather than hoping to resign Millsap and Carroll in the offseason. Rockets could take the chance, fill a spot behind James with a 3&D guy and get a great fit PF and plan/hope to resign them in the offseason.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

They just lost in the first round again. :(

:p

11. Bornz

Bornz Member

The difference between LeBron compared to the other stars that we're looking at is that he contributes to all facets of the game.... defense, playmaking, rebounding. You can't say that for these other stars.

12. TheFreak

So I guess I can count you in on wishing the Rockets could have convinced Karl Malone and Stockton to play in Houston. Just think how good the team would have been with Hakeem, Karl, Stockton, and Drexler in the starting 5. We'd still need a 3 though - I think Bruce Bowen would have fit well there since he was only concerned with defense while the other guys were more offensive-minded. It sucks that there weren't any "actual Rockets fans" around in those days because I don't recall anyone lobbying for this scenario. We sure could have used you bro.

13. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Ummm...yeah. That would have been great. They would have killed everyone in the early and mid 90s. Would have been awful if you were expecting it to be suggested when you joined Clutchfans, though. They all were way past their prime.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yes you're insane.

Hes the best and arguably most versatile player in the game. We could play him equally effective at the 4 or 3 or even the point.Hes probably the leagues best perimeter defender right now.

The only way Id say no to Lebron would be if the other option was some really large package of players. Like if we had to give up Lebron but receive back Love, Kawhi Leonard, Lowry, and a really good backup center who doesnt want to start (like Asik if he only wanted to play 15 minutes a game. Can you imagine a team like that?. Only that would be better.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

Maybe it's just me but the only one of those "hated" players that could even be in the discussion for best player in the league was Malone. And I don't think LeBron is as hated as those cats were. A more apt comparison would be acquiring MJ, yes? And we DID get a superstar in Clyde.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Didn't read through ish but here to say that anyone that doesn't want Lebron is dumb AF. I've seen my beloved team out of the first round once since I was 14. Nuff said.

17. TheFreak

So you're saying you would have wanted Jordan on the Rockets? Let's say Jordan wins his 3 rings, retires, then is a free agent. You would have wanted him on the Rockets when he came back? I give up in that case. The sad thing is you're probably in the majority these days. Basketball fans really suck now.

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm fine with it, but if you told me "Ok you are going to win a championship this year, do you want to do it with LeBron or without LeBron?" I would choose without.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ridiculous thread. Thank god you are NOT our GM

DO WANT LEBRON

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This is the best example I've heard. Spot on!!!