1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Yeah he's got mad-scientist man sticking him up with needles and whatnot. I was really interested in that. On another note, was Qyburn a different actor? He looked way different than I remember? And I don't remember seeing him very well in the last episode he was in.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Same actor as far as I remember....

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Vary's had already stated that nobody was safe in Kings Landing, even the "spiders". With Tywin gone, he's a prime target for his enemies.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Tyrion: Forgive me if I don't weep for you.

Varys: No one weeps for spiders or whores.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

man last nights episode so good...GoT continues to bring it.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I forgot Dany was even in last night's episode. Geez her story is so boring.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah. So much to soak in. Love this show

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It's actually interesting. Her character development has changed the most. She's someone who accepted a role unwillingly and embraced her situation. She created an identity and takes pride in it. Lately she's been like a dictator. Some of her decisions are backfiring on her as well as the things that she considers her advantage like the dragons.

She's got too much on her agenda and is not focused on taking the throne back as originally planned. That being said, I hate the character that she has become. Acts as someone who is strong and confident, yet she seems to be regretful easily. Plus she doesn't want to be topless anymore.

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Her stuff is almost as stale in the books too. I am really tired of her having these one liners to close scenes. Dropping the mic is cool from time to time, but not every damn scene.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That's a shocking statement to me. I thought she was one of the most compelling characters in the books. I can't think of anyone in the series that has had more growth and development as a character then Dani.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dany is by all means, a kent.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

13. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't have the same opinion. I think the show has turned me off to her story. Early on it was all good, but from Mereen on it has started to drag. Arya's stuff, Jon's, Jaime's, the Dornish stuff all have been more interesting to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it. I just feel like it drags now.

14. Relentless

Relentless Member

When the old man told Bran he wouldn't walk but he would fly, is he talking about his warg abilities? Bran had the vision that showed Drogon flying over King's Landing, will he "fly" as the rogue dragon?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Something like that most likely, or through the raven(or both, no idea).

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Through the dragon would make more sense though, in case of them actually doing something significant.

17. dmoneybangbang

With Tywin dead, it will be on Jaime, as the next heir. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Cersei and Tommen, but I feel Jaime will try and back the Iron Throne with the Lannisters, albeit in a different way.

Great scene and ending. I think Varys will join Dany as I thought he still held some allegation to the Targaryen.

There are so many story lines, which is the show's biggest strength and weakness.

I love Tywin's ending. For a man who stopped at nothing to preserve and expand his legacy and family name, he was killed by his imp of a son while taking a dump.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought Varys left because he knew Tyrion did something bad after the bells rang and he would've been implicated by association.

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The dragon thing pissed me off .. looked like she chained up those 2 and left them to die .. some mother

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's what I thought. Varys knew Tyrion did something when he arrived late, but with the bells tolling and Varys being MIA at the time, he looks suspicious, knows something bad happened, and thought high-tailing it out was the best choice.

Varys wouldn't know that it was Tywin who died.