1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boris Diaw is a free agent this offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2014.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Anyone else here remember when Diaw was a triple-double machine back in his Phoenix days?

2. Houston288South

Why would Diaw leave a championship organization and the best coach in the league, to come here and have Kevin McHale coach him? I just don't see it. Heck, I wouldn't leave!

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

To be the alpha dog.

4. NotChandlerParsons

Leslie has a great wine collection. Boris Diaw = French = Loves wine. Therefore, Boris Diaw will be a Rocket.

Well, Brad Miller was already pretty much toast when we signed him. Diaw is at least a contributor on a finals team albeit who knows how well he will age, perform in our "system" or get paid.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

More Greg Popovich then Boris Diaw. Mchale will have Boris Diaw looking like Greg Oden.

6. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

good catch carl, he is a diamond. but I really dont think he should come play for Rox if the scrub coaching team still here, rather have him stay with pop to be coached correctly and get real chance to win.

7. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

There's a reason he wasn't credited with much outside of his stint in Phoenix. He's on a perennial contender in a system that has utilized his talents to the fullest. He's 32 years old and French, he doesn't deserve to be traded to the Rockets.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

Let's not be this critical. I would love to see Diaw on the Rockets roster. Fantastic player and I would take him over KLove or Melo. He will be a free agent, so it is also about the money. At 32, he must be interested in a longer contract. Given a good deal, he will come.

Beyond that, let's not forget that the Rockets swept the Spurs this season.

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

With the way we run a system or lack thereof,

Boris Diaw would become instantly irrelevant or extremely average on this team..

Boris, for your sake, don't come to Houston.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

THIS, and i repped you.

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

After the series he's had, I have a very strong feeling the Spurs will not be letting Diaw nor his pet gold fish walk or I guess swim...He's staying put.

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

to be the third star :)

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Absolutely correct, my take exactly. Systems (or lack thereof) make players better or worse. Lin needs out of the Rockets as soon as possible. If I were he, I would volunteer for a trade. Now if he is just as erratic on another team, then his career is probably over.

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

This pretty much explains why he had such a good game against the thunder saturday night.(contract year)

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boris Diaw is the system. If you have a guy who spaces the floor, passes and drives like Boris at the PF/C spot, you have a system. If you don't, your balls get sticky.

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.

16. RyanB

RyanB Member

a perfect fit fot this team

17. BleedsRocketRed

Lets be real here, why would he leave SA right now for us? Sure the Spurs are old but as long as they are still managed properly, they are a better situation for him.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes. Would definitely be do.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What if Timmy and Pop decided to retire after winning their 4th title together?

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Boris Diaw is old........