1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC Sports] Kevin Love's people inform Wolves that he will leave as a Free Agent if not traded.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 17, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Millsap is an All Star and maybe a lower tier star Minny feel they can retain by overpaying? He would be a good asset to flip if Morey can get him for Asik straight up.

2. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Let me get this straight (b/c I just want to be true here), you're giving the credit to Tex and not Phil here? You think Phil essentially equals McHale in our situation and Tex was the mastermind behind those Tri-offenses???

Wow. Just, wow. We have nothing else to debate. Let's agree to disagree.

.....and Phil has no reason to be modest. Come now.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I see what your saying. Trade Asik for Millsap. Then trade Millsap/Parsons/(maybe Canaan for sweetener)/multiple firsts for Love?

I think this process will play out until the trade deadline, unless Flip wants to move on fast..

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

By the way.. could someone post a edited picture of Kevin Love in a Rockets uni? Would love to instill that thought into my head. Heck maybe Morey will lurk on CF and see it lol

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That is not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying he wasn't an x's and o's coach, he didn't like doing it, he never did do it, for him the challenge was turning a dennis rodman type crazy into a team player, and that the idea that one needs to be an x's and o's coach is completely wrong. He says this about himself, his former assistants say this about him, his former players say this about him. Everyone says this about him, well except you, so all you're doing is agreeing to be wrong.

And yes, Tex Winter was the mastermind behind the triangle offense. There's also no point in a debate to be had, because saying that he wasn't isn't called debating it, it's called being wrong.

and if modesty was a bone, Phil wouldn't have one.

#65 Aleron, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Fair enough, I'll owe you a beer on this one.

:cool:
    (I mean that, come at me if ever in Denver....)

But Kevin ain't Phil. Let's agree to agree there. Shall we?

7. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

How about something like this with picks from Houston going to Minny?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ld8vjt9

The bad thing is, we'd be left with zero depth in our frontcourt. Would have to fill out those spots with vet minimums or the MLE if we have it available.

8. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

this is not nba2k14.... your team would just play iso all day and get dominated by the SPURS. It would be like Portland all over again with a great starting 5 and no one else.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

This is the main reason Morey is keeping McHale for at least one more season right? Now bring your boy Kevin Love to Houston, coach!

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Still sticking with my prediction.. It'll be Melo for Morey.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. Seriously I'll forgive Mchale for the coaching brain farts if he brings Love to Houston. IIRC Love really liked Mchale, Mchale was the guy who traded Mayo for him and he said really positive things when Mchale took over as Minny coach.

Sure Love has his own limitations but at age 24 he has more than enough time to fix them LOL. A core of Harden, Love and Dwight? I mean c'mon, we'll be set for the next 10-15 years.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When was the last time he was shown Love in the playoffs?

About time

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I could get over the "Figurehead" head coach thing if it keeps Dwight happy and reunites the Love-Harden man crush.

[​IMG]

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The same Spurs team that dominated the L column 0-4 against us cause we used ISO amongst other things to expose their lack of athleticism?

Portland just confirmed what everyone already knew, which is this team has some dead weight on it. And a gaping hole on the assistant coaching staff.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin might go to L.A. because it's home, but he sure isn't getting a title window there.

Forget about the Knicks....same deal.

And I wouldn't worry about an extension..That'll be part of the package wherever he goes.

So, it begins....

If Love truly wants a chance at multiple titles, it's Houston, not ChiTown.

Being from LA, it makes sense that he would bring them up initially, but this is a process involving leverage. Eventually, HOUSTON will be mentioned as one of the favorites.

Morey will put on the full court press to be sure.....It's us or L.A.

#75 Plowman, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Don't want Love. We need another creator that can run pick n roll. Rondo or Lowry

17. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Something like this

Love- obvious
    Brewer- a vet perimeter defende
    Cbud- eating a contract to make Wolves happy

for

Asik
    Lin
    Dmo
    Tjones
    Covington

Gives the wolves young pieces to try and rebuild around while still being exciting.
    At first I just included DMo, but think if were gonna have Love, the wolves will ask for both PF prospects--the earlier they trade him the more leverage they have....by midseason it'll be DMO only.

Covington also adds a young shooter

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pskqvwx

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It almost doesn't matter what the package offers are because relatively few teams trade anything for a Love who doesn't sign an extension.

But if there are multiple teams he'll sign with then there is a competition.

Obviously he wants to go to LA. If that happens... Meh. The issue is his salary. A top 5 pick still allows the Lakers to manage their cap. In an ideal world the Lakers would keep their pick, kind of suck again next year and get another too pick, then sign Love outright. An ideal world for the Lakers. Trading assets for him clearly weakens their team after getting him. As others have said, if they trade their high lotto pick in a loaded draft for Love to team with an ancient Kove... Good luck to them.

As for the Rockets, my path would be:
    Trade Asik to the Bobcats for the Pistons draft pick they may get
    Trade draft pick, Lin, TJones, Parsons for alive and Rubio
    Sign someone like Ariza with the MLE

Rubio
    Harden
    Ariza
    Love
    Howard

19. mbe1996

mbe1996 Member

Exactly...Melo IS the better player for many reasons that some just don't understand.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For starters, how old is Kevin Love?