1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets brass planning to discuss bringing in Mike Brown as an assistant to help defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 12, 2014.

1. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

it is all because of tweet...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Twitter off the rails lately RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonerJob">@HoustonerJob</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> Hello,I'am a funs of Houston Rockets.I think Milk Hair was so fool we lost 3 matches</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/461146803618848768">April 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently "Milk Hair" is google translate of Mchale from chinese to english...

I think...

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You need to relax.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You are not the only one who called people whiners. My point was that everyone is complaining about Mchale, that is not going to stop for awhile. So when people started saying stuff about "whiners" I didn't take it personally but I knew that it would escalate into an argument, which is why me and another member suggested that you go to a more positive thread, because I could see this coming. Something that you might not find offensive someone else might, that's why you can't go down that road. SO this is all just a misunderstanding.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

This thread is a disaster at this point. :(

All we have right now amounts to: "McHale, KlutchQT and SF3isBack!! suck"

5. nepopop

nepopop Member

this always cracks me up

6. dham01

dham01 Member

If you take the whole season into account, instead of just the playoff, McHale didn't do that bad of a job. Remember we battled injuries ALL SEASON LONG, even up to the final weeks. It was very difficult to establish a rhythm. It was also the first year this team was together. Compound all that with the departure of his lead assistant, and I can see why the organization brought him back. Remember the Rockets won 54 games this year! They still were a VERY young team! They didn't perform up to the expectations of the fans or media, but they still have a lot to build on!

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yep. The elite coaches are spoken for. There are no pops out there. Anyone else we're going to get at this point is at McHale's level or worse.

Do we go with what got us 54 wins last year (+ add a quality lead assistant + improve the team) or do we shake it up completely for equal or lesser coach with a new system and see what happens?

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Exactly, hire MB as head coach and demote McHale to a player-motivating assistant coach position.

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i wouldn't be opposed to mike brown completely as an assistant. but then i think when mchale is inevitably gonna be let go...is brown gonna become the HC? oh god no.

10. Solaris

Solaris Member

lol, don't bother try to argue with a lawyer. you are not going to win the word game.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

KlutchQT is a girl....shall i say more? Let just move on.

LMFAO, totally trolled there.

She def has a point, Lets talk about how the Rockets can get better in spite of Mchale being retained at the HC.

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i use put in 麦克海尔 in google translate and i get mchale

13. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Just saw on a twit that Mike Brown is considering taking a year off and not coaching at all. This in response to possibly joining Kerr's staff in GS.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still trying to figure out how on earth Mchale got translated to Milk Hair.

15. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Milk Hair is actually Del Harris

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Milk Brown will work nicely with Milk Hair. Excellent move, Dario Murray.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown plans on taking next season off and doesn't plan on pursuing any coaching opening right now, a source said</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/466796554163347456">May 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Haha, Milk Brown has rejected Rocket!

19. hollywoodMarine

Sure this wasn't a troll?

How does it even make logical sense for a translation tool to change the Chinese way of saying "McHale" into a similar sounding English phrase? Since when do translation tools even take phonetics into account when translating? Translation mistakes are usually a result of misinterpretation of meaning due to improper context, issues with conjugation, etc... I have never seen google translate turn some word in the original language into some strange mis-translation based on sound.

If Chinese for McHale was truly "milk hair" in meaning, then maybe that could happen. Except "milk hair" is not Chinese for McHale at all... and it's pronounced "niu lai fa," which is so far in pronunciation from "McHale" that it would make zero sense for that to be the Chinese way of saying that name. The actual Chinese way of saying McHale is "Mai ke hai er" (麦克海尔) which actually somewhat sounds like the "McHale," but now it has no meaning close to "milk hair" at all.

(and for the record, putting 麦克海尔 in google translate will get you "McHale")

Not going to say with 100% certainty that this guy isn't just some overseas, poor English-speaking Lin fan, but I also honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a troll trying to make fun of LOF's and taking a shot at immigrants who have problems with English simultaneously.

1 person likes this.
  20. cyberx

cyberx Member

Mchale was told to reach out to Brown to get a feel of where he would be. Just a feeler call. Brown said he would get with him the next day on arranging something. The next day he realized it would be best for him to take a year off and be with his family. 3 places in 3 years was too much. He also didn't want to be a desperate coach. You may see him as a guest on abc again this year.

Was a try.